Le Petit Chef Dining Packages Question

UnaPalomita

Hi! We're new to Celebrity. We've done NCL a lot in the past and more recently RC/MSC. We booked ABC on the Reflection for summer 2024.

We don't usually ever do the specialty dining but we're interested in Le Petit Chef. I watched a tiny bit on You Tube and the concept is so cute.

Is there a way to pay for one dinner or is it better to get a package? Anyone know the pricing of one dinner?

I wouldn't mind dining at the specialty places, but my son usually likes the buffet and then heading to the kids club in the evening so I'd rather just do two dining packages and pay a la carte for Le Petit Chef for my son if that's possible? 

With RC they had a black Friday sale, I think it was 30% off excursions and the soda package last year. Is it worth waiting for one of these with Celebrity or do they not offer? 

Also any thoughts on the Reflection? We just got off the RC Vision and it was honestly the most boring ship we have ever been on in 17 years 😂 But had the most amazing itinerary. 

If you log in to your account and reservation  select Cruise Planner and go to Dining.  You can book reservations for the specialty restaurants individually,  no need for a dining package. You did not say how old you son Is but there is a lower price for a child, thinking maybe $10 if he qualifies.

• Like 1

We just came off Reflection a couple of weeks ago. I have a thread 47 days on 3 ships that you can read. The final thoughts covers Reflection since that was our last B2B of the 3.  We have sailed Reflection a few times. Also posted along the way of being on the ship.

You can go to your planner and purchase just Le Petit Chef. Can be done on the Celebrity app also. I would purchase it and if it goes on sale you can cancel and rebook. 
Usually there is a first night discount I believe. 

We enjoyed the dinner.

Cheers! 

• Like 1

Le Petit Chef is by far my favorite restaurant on celebrity, we did it twice last week and should have done it three times. Normally priced at about 60 , 4 corse meal , there is a primary and a secondary menu you can pick and choose between the two , I never pick all from either one, plus normally menu will change during the week. I am sure you can pay separately for your son. Pretty sure you will prefer Refection over Vison .

• Like 1

Usually the cost is about $60.  If you do the first night you can get it for $30. We have done this on our last 3 cruises on a silhouette class so they would probably have it on your reflection too.   In my experience Celebrity doesn't do as much with sales as Royal.  Always just look at the bottom price.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UnaPalomita said:

Hi! We're new to Celebrity. We've done NCL a lot in the past and more recently RC/MSC. We booked ABC on the Reflection for summer 2024.

Also any thoughts on the Reflection? We just got off the RC Vision and it was honestly the most boring ship we have ever been on in 17 years 😂 But had the most amazing itinerary. 

oh sorry to hear this about Vision.  But I have done so many of the big ships I wanted to experience an older ship with traditional decor.  I know that there will be no big shows or ice or water, but I think the ship will still have some fun and perhaps less loud thumping music for a change.

I did sail on Equinox and I enjoyed Le Petit. Food was pretty good and the show as well.

Here is a couple of photos.  Also, beware there are three versions of the show.  

I am including 3 photos.  Spain was salad and Japan was green tea cake.

was a competition between 4 countries and we had to vote.

347 menu for unique dining.JPG

351 Spain - salad.JPG

365 Japan  green tea cake.JPG

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

oh sorry to hear this about Vision.  But I have done so many of the big ships I wanted to experience an older ship with traditional decor.  I know that there will be no big shows or ice or water, but I think the ship will still have some fun and perhaps less loud thumping music for a change.

I did sail on Equinox and I enjoyed Le Petit. Food was pretty good and the show as well.

Here is a couple of photos.  Also, beware there are three versions of the show.  

I am including 3 photos.  Spain was salad and Japan was green tea cake.

was a competition between 4 countries and we had to vote.

347 menu for unique dining.JPG

351 Spain - salad.JPG

365 Japan  green tea cake.JPG

Thanks for the pictures! It looks so fun 🙂

I know NCL is pricy now but if you can get on the Gem or Jewel, we did both, they are smaller ships buy had a lot of events and outdoor seating. I loved the seating behind the buffet. 

Our big thing with Vision was no dedicated place for films and some piano music. No white party etc 😭