R Class (Regatta) Cabin selection?

mwj

First, is the a general topic for R Class cabin selection? (I didn't find one)

Second, if the answer to the first is no, can you offer recommendations?

We are considering the Oct. 24 79-day LA-Sydney cruise in an inside/outside stateroom.

Thank you kindly,

P.S. We are new to Oceania, having mostly cruised HAL and Princess.

Your LA to Sydney cruise sounds awesome. We did 35 days on Insignia, Beijing to Sydney and it was great. It was a segment of the ATW. We had a Concierge level Veranda. We have also sailed on R ships in Veranda, Penthouse's and once got an offer my DW would not let me turn down for an Owners Suite when sailing in Alaska with 6 friends.  The Veranda staterooms are 216 sq. ft. which includes the veranda, so compact but quite comfortable.  Your suitcases are placed under your bed and can be used for storage of clothing that may not be needed due to the climates you are sailing in at the time. 

We hear all the time that people say they don’t spend much time in their room. You will have a lot of sea days on the trip so think about that decision. We would NEVER consider an Inside Stateroom because we need to breathe some fresh air, view the port arrivals even if still in our Jammie’s, and see what’s outside, even if it is the open seas.  I get a bit claustrophobic at times in confined spaces, even at a dining table that has me stuck in a corner.  Our number 1 reason for Veranda only, we both tested positive for Covid on a cruise and if we were in an Inside room, they would have needed to put us in straight jackets. We happened to be in a Penthouse so we had some space, chairs to sit in, sights to see and even the satellite TV worked some of the time. I could not imagine being stuck in a glorified walk in closet for 5 days, even if it is my DW.  My DW has a framed quote posted in our house, “I come to the sea to breathe” and that is what we live bye.  

Enjoy your fabulous cruise.

Mauibabes

• Like 1

What do you want to know ?

The A to D  cabins are all the same size   (some exceptions apply)

approx 165 Sq ft

A & B  cat  have balconies

C & D are outside only

If you want more space  book a PH or above

• Like 2

The ocean view rooms are the same size as the B veranda rooms.  If outdoor space is not important to you, then these rooms are quite comfortable.  The C rooms have more natural light than the D rooms as the C rooms have a large window and the D room have portholes.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TonicTraveler said:

The ocean view rooms are the same size as the B veranda rooms.  If outdoor space is not important to you, then these rooms are quite comfortable.  The C rooms have more natural light than the D rooms as the C rooms have a large window and the D room have portholes.

It’s hard for us to justify the 15k (30%) price increase from c/d to a/b.

• Like 1

Pay attention to future Oceania Sales Promotions, like Upgrade Sales, etc., and if your cruise is offered. If it is, see if your TA can get you upgraded. Sometimes the well connected TA’s can accomplish these “feats of magic”. If this happens, then you will learn thru experience whether it is worth the extra splurge or not as we all have limits for the travel decisions we make. 
Also, be sure to book a future cruise(s) on board to take advantage of the discounts and amenities offered by the O Club Ambassadors. This is a very beneficial tip that is often lost on an Oceania Newby. 
Enjoy your cruise.

Mauibabes

And I have to mention the bathroom/shower size (because a woman on our last cruise was complaining and I couldn't believe she didn't know)...they are tiny in non-suite cabins (A-G). I don't care but some people do. Go on Youtube and search "Oceania" "Regatta" "tour" (and other ship names) and limit it to the last year or so in order to get current videos (post-rehab).

4 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

And I have to mention the bathroom/shower size (because a woman on our last cruise was complaining and I couldn't believe she didn't know)...they are tiny in non-suite cabins (A-G). I don't care but some people do. Go on Youtube and search "Oceania" "Regatta" "tour" (and other ship names) and limit it to the last year or so in order to get current videos (post-rehab).

When we first started with the "R" ships it was with Renaissance, and our first cruise was on the R2 -- now Regatta.  (When we had a bridge tour some years later on Oceania, we were thrilled to see that the schematic of the ship on the Bridge still called it the R2).

On those first cruises we were in Deck 7 verandas; later on we upgraded ourselves to the Penthouse cabins.  BUT the small bathroom -- especially the showers -- did bother me a lot.  Probably not my husband who is smaller than I am!

Go ahead a number of years to 2017 when we took  a downsell from a PH to a B1 on one of the R ships and that tiny shower no longer bothered me even though I was somewhat larger than I had been in 1999 ...

Go figure. But if you know those cabins have small bathrooms you can adjust.  If someone is more than 6 feet tall, it might be different ...

Mura

12 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Thank you ... The bathrooms are definitely smaller ... At 6'2", I will fit, and washing the hair (what hair?) may prove problematic.

Can anyone give actual dimensions of the shower?

54 minutes ago, mwj said:

...The bathrooms are definitely smaller ... At 6'2", I will fit, and washing the hair (what hair?) may prove problematic. Can anyone give actual dimensions of the shower?

Was on Sirena in a B2 (6012) in Nov. 2022 for 10 nights. I'm 6'2" 180 lbs. I quickly learned how to use the shower by opening the two glass doors. Sure, smaller than what we had in our A4 on Riviera (12/2021) but still could work it efficiently and effectively. As for the dimensions, it was really a rectangle, so hard to say.