Beach Escape Majahual, Mexico

shannonkish

Husband and I cruised NCL Breakaway March 12th-19th. First port was Costa Maya. We opted for the Beach Escape Excursion. 

Pros: Beautiful beach front and a pool, unlimited drinks, relaxation, amazing food. LOTS of shopping

Cons: We literally could not relax as someone was trying to sell us something (cigars, NFL merch, blankets, etc) every few minutes. It was annoying on so many levels. The same salespeople would visit us continuously with different products and we repeatedly had to say no. We eventually went back to the ship early. 

1 hour ago, shannonkish said:

Husband and I cruised NCL Breakaway March 12th-19th. First port was Costa Maya. We opted for the Beach Escape Excursion. 

Pros: Beautiful beach front and a pool, unlimited drinks, relaxation, amazing food. LOTS of shopping

Cons: We literally could not relax as someone was trying to sell us something (cigars, NFL merch, blankets, etc) every few minutes. It was annoying on so many levels. The same salespeople would visit us continuously with different products and we repeatedly had to say no. We eventually went back to the ship early. 

Was this “escape” at the old Snr Frogs close to the lighthouse?

I take it there was no sargassum since you said it was a beautiful beach front?

6 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Was this “escape” at the old Snr Frogs close to the lighthouse?

I take it there was no sargassum since you said it was a beautiful beach front?

It was literally called "Beach Escape" I don't recall a lighthouse, but I wasn't really paying attention to that. This is a link to what it is, but we booked through NCL. https://tickettofun.travel/tour/beach-escape-with-open-bar/

16 hours ago, shannonkish said:

That sounds like every place along the Malecon in Mahahual....

Probably need to get out of town to Maya Chan or Almaplena, etc. to avoid the people selling their goods.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, shannonkish said:

It was literally called "Beach Escape" I don't recall a lighthouse, but I wasn't really paying attention to that. This is a link to what it is, but we booked through NCL. https://tickettofun.travel/tour/beach-escape-with-open-bar/

Yes, that was Snr Frogs. You can see the lighthouse in the photo on that site and on the map.

I am surprised you didn’t stop at it if it was a cruise line excursion - there are few notable landmarks in Costa Maya and the lighthouse and Mahahual sign are definitely one of them!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My daughter and granddaughter are going snorkeling at this location.   Do they have lockers for their valuables?  I am going as well, 30 minutes after their excursion, for the non snorkeling excursion.  Hoping to meet up with them but just unsure of how it works.