Divi Resort - Little Bay

sunandsnow

We were in St. Maarten on March 6th. We have toured St. Maarten before. We wanted to just relax at the beach. We went by taxi to Divi Beach Resort. The taxi was $6 per person plus tip. We rented 2 lounge chairs and an umbrella for $15. The beach was great. The ocean was calm.  It is a nice sheltered bay.  My DH snorkled over by the rock cliffs. He saw a few fish. There was a small store where we bought some drinks. Nice bathrooms also available. They have a taxi stand on property. Taxi again $6 per person plus tip. It was approximately a 10 minute ride back to the ship. It  was not crowded and a nice relaxing day at the beach. Highly recommend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks S&S, great tip on the beach day. Wife and are first time visitors. I understand our ship will be the only one in port on my date JUNE 14, does that mean things will be much less crowded and taxis will be easy to get ? There are several beaches/stops we want to see(suggestions welcome). 

I am weighing getting a car (w driver) for day or just btween sites via Taxi, thanks for the help. tim

We were the only ship in port so we didn't have any problem getting a taxi. Divi Little Bay is close to the port area. A taxi to Grand Case is approximately $35 one way. Decide what you want to do/see and then determine if you want a private taxi or go with a group tour. Several suggestions on CC for either. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2023 at 2:19 PM, sunandsnow said:

We were in St. Maarten on March 6th. We have toured St. Maarten before. We wanted to just relax at the beach. We went by taxi to Divi Beach Resort. The taxi was $6 per person plus tip. We rented 2 lounge chairs and an umbrella for $15. The beach was great. The ocean was calm.  It is a nice sheltered bay.  My DH snorkled over by the rock cliffs. He saw a few fish. There was a small store where we bought some drinks. Nice bathrooms also available. They have a taxi stand on property. Taxi again $6 per person plus tip. It was approximately a 10 minute ride back to the ship. It  was not crowded and a nice relaxing day at the beach. Highly recommend. 

Hi - We were considering going to Divi Beach Resort for a beach day. Did you need to buy a day pass for this resort in order to use the facilities there?

No. We asked the taxi driver and he said we didn't need to. We walked to the beach and purchased our chairs/umbrella for the day. You can't use the pool. It is for guests only. We did not go to the bar area. I went to the store and purchased drinks. We had a few ideas for the day depending on the weather. It was a beautiful day and we decided on a relaxing beach day. It was just what we needed.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

We went several years ago and the beach was pretty and long! They were even having a wedding there. They also have water activities you can rent if you wanted. It was an 8 minute drive from our port when we went and as mentioned, easy to get a taxi back to the port. HERE is my review with tons of pictures that day.

• 2 months later...

Went to a Divi in Feb. plan to go back. All list is accurate. Only drawback is no drink served on the beach. You need to walk to a bar or store at buy what you want.   I plan to take a small lightweight folding cooler next month. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2023 at 6:16 PM, TravelingCircusof5 said:

How are the beach vendors and massage ladies at Divi? Last year at Orient beach, on an official excursion, we were absolutely swarmed the entire time we were there. 

We were at Divi Little Bay Dec 20 and I don't recall any vendors walking around.  There may have been one or two but obviously no impact to me because I don't remember them.   A polite "no thanks" typically keeps them moving along and not bothering you.