Cheers Package Questions...

tjatczak

It has been a long time since our last Carnival cruise. 

Is $59 per day the best price we will see for Cheers? Just wondering if there is ever a sale or a promo code in past experiences.

Thanks!.

3 hours ago, tjatczak said:

Is $59 per day the best price we will see for Cheers? Just wondering if there is ever a sale or a promo code in past experiences.

Thanks!.

You can buy discounted gift cards on AARP and use the gift cards to purchase Cheers online, $450 for a $500 gift card. 

On 3/30/2023 at 3:03 PM, tjatczak said:

Thanks!.

I think the closest you get to a "deal" on Cheers is when you get an offer through the VIPF... I was surprised it was only ~200 to 'upgrade' to a cheers inclusive rate for a cruise next year.  

• Like 2

On 3/30/2023 at 5:31 PM, ibarrio said:

You can buy discounted gift cards on AARP and use the gift cards to purchase Cheers online, $450 for a $500 gift card. 

I just signed up for AARP and I can’t seem to find where you can buy the Carnival gift cards. Also, are they digital or mailed to you?

10 hours ago, xitappers2bx said:

I think the closest you get to a "deal" on Cheers is when you get an offer through the VIPF... I was surprised it was only ~200 to 'upgrade' to a cheers inclusive rate for a cruise next year.  

I had one of those offers attached to my VIPF so we booked on the Celebration. It was only around $180 more to get Cheers so we thought it was a great deal!

52 minutes ago, gatorchinsky said:

I just signed up for AARP and I can’t seem to find where you can buy the Carnival gift cards. Also, are they digital or mailed to you?

Google AARP Rewards and you'll find a link to the Rewards.  The gift cards are digital; I had mine in less than 5 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/1/2023 at 5:43 AM, gatorchinsky said:

They are hard to find at first, that website is poorly designed. Log in and then follow this link 

https://www.aarp.org/rewards/redeem/#all_rewards=undefined&sort-by=default&type=filter_travel 

• Thanks 1

On 4/1/2023 at 7:43 AM, gatorchinsky said:

In rewards look for members only gift cards. Carnival always the 1st one that pops up on mine

• Thanks 1

We board the Panorama in 12 days and were offered "free" CHEERs when booking under that rate code.  We have a spa balcony cabin and it was $200 more than the cheapest available rate.  I knew we'd spend at least $100 at the coffee shop on a 7 day sailing and most likely would have a $100 bar tab.  So for us it was a "no  brainer".  There was a constant reminder that if we changed our reservation in any way (rate jumping) we would lose the CHEERs.  I really did not even check the rates after booking because of this.  I did check rates a few weeks back just to see how many spa rooms were left and to book our same cruise then without CHEERs was $1000 more than what we paid, so I am very pleased with our choice.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2023 at 9:36 AM, MayorDrafty said:

Google AARP Rewards and you'll find a link to the Rewards.  The gift cards are digital; I had mine in less than 5 minutes.

This is the only way I can find the gift cards on AARP too.

Google it, and you get the direct link...

I have searched the AARP site several times to no avail...

Right now they have $100 gift cards available,

sometimes they are $500 cards. All electronic gift cards...