How chaotic and loud is the Scarlet Lady?

boopuff

I’ve watched some videos, ship tours etc.  is the ship constantly noisy? Like loud music everywhere all the time? Are there any peaceful areas (other than your room)  I’d love to here some non-blogger/vlogger opinions.

• Like 1

There is music around same as bars, cafes and restaurants have on land too. Sip champagne bar is generally quieter.

The main pool will have DJs in the afternoon and be louder, the jacuzzi pool is a little quieter. The Athletic Club with the net at the rear is usually fairly quiet. 

Other than the pool DJs or when there was live musicians playing for set times, I didn’t think the common spaces were loud. Or no more than a bar or Starbucks would be normally 

• Like 3

There are times when there is a more "party" atmosphere, especially around the pool but there are lots of quiet areas around the ship. Most of the bars and lounges are very quiet unless there is live music... just like any other cruise ship I've been on.  And several of the musicians will be more acoustic vibes anyways.

With the exception of boarding the ship (Welcome Party) and the pool parties, the Virgin Ship is about the same as Celebrity in my opinion. 

• Like 4

I like quiet and never had a problem finding something that worked for me.  The pool deck was generally quiet when I did my morning walks.  The pool area has music in the afternoons,  There is more quiet music around The Dock.  There are plenty of "party places" in the evenings, but we never lacked for quiet spaces as well.

• Like 2

The acoustics in the ship have to be the best at sea.

When they have a live band playing in the "roundabout", the sound does not travel very far.

Most ships are giant echo chambers with hard metal surfaces...not the case here at all.

• Like 6

On 3/30/2023 at 3:10 PM, boopuff said:

I’ve watched some videos, ship tours etc.  is the ship constantly noisy? Like loud music everywhere all the time? Are there any peaceful areas (other than your room)  I’d love to here some non-blogger/vlogger opinions.

Nope, the ship is rather chill during the day. Especially if you hang out by the Dock or most anywhere on the ship during the day. The DJ does a set or two near the pool but that's no different than any other ship that has a live band or DJ out by the pool during the day. 

I actually did a review about this on YouTube and my biggest surprise was how much VV felt like the Celebrity Cruises vibe. Chill and laid back. If you want it to be a loud party you can have that. If you want a totally chill experience, you can have that. Even at night, the Dock and Dock House tend to be pretty chill, On the Rocks usually has a trio or a singer in the evenings. 

Really the only "loud night" is Scarlet Night which is a full ship party. But even there, you can avoid that party easily by just hanging out in the very back of Deck 16 or down in The Dock on deck 7. Here's my review if you're interested. https://youtu.be/-R0imB73ajg

• Like 4

On 3/30/2023 at 6:48 PM, CineGraphic said:

The acoustics in the ship have to be the best at sea.

When they have a live band playing in the "roundabout", the sound does not travel very far.

Most ships are giant echo chambers with hard metal surfaces...not the case here at all.

1000%. I was talking to one of the sound techs in On The Rocks and he said they had real concert and theater designers work on all the music spaces. You can tell because it just sounds so good in every single venue. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, CruisingWalter said:

1000%. I was talking to one of the sound techs in On The Rocks and he said they had real concert and theater designers work on all the music spaces. You can tell because it just sounds so good in every single venue. 

If this were held in a Princess "piazza", it would be echoing all over the ship. Virgin once owned a record label, and it shows. Acoustics are clearly very important to them.

• Like 2