Question about making dining reservations after final payment

2011mom

I really miss having a fixed dining time every day so you never have to wait in line! Couple of questions!

I read that you can make dining reservations once final payment is made. Does that mean if I pay the full amount right at booking, I can immediately make dining reservations, even if the cruise is a year away? Or does it mean I can only make the reservations after the final payment due date, which is not for months?

Also, can I reserve the same table every day? I don't relish the idea of standing in line every day to check in, I'd love to be able to go directly to my table, bypassing any line. Is that possible?

Thanks!

You can make reservations after the "official" final payment date, not when you make your final payment.  You can choose to pick "same time every night" as an option too!  I'm not sure about same table though.

Edited by jeffregpuck

You cannot request the same table when making your online reservation. That is done once on board. Preferably after you finish dinner on the first night to confirm that you like your table and server. On our last cruise our first night table was awful and I am so glad that we were not locked into that one. Our second night table was perfect and we locked that one in. 

3 hours ago, 2011mom said:

I really miss having a fixed dining time every day so you never have to wait in line! Couple of questions!

I read that you can make dining reservations once final payment is made. Does that mean if I pay the full amount right at booking, I can immediately make dining reservations, even if the cruise is a year away? Or does it mean I can only make the reservations after the final payment due date, which is not for months?

Also, can I reserve the same table every day? I don't relish the idea of standing in line every day to check in, I'd love to be able to go directly to my table, bypassing any line. Is that possible?

Thanks!

I’ve tried to get the same table for dinner & only once would they agree to my request. 

I’m traveling solo & don’t like the idea of eating alone each night which I could do at Home. 

Tom😀

OMG it was so much fun to come to dinner with the same people, exchange stories about our day and our plans for the next day... is it all gone? No more table for 6 or 8? I am thinking of going with somebody just to share the cost of the cabin, not to spend too much time together... Is it now the same as a dinner in a restaurant in any city? 

2 minutes ago, Milashka said:

OMG it was so much fun to come to dinner with the same people, exchange stories about our day and our plans for the next day... is it all gone? No more table for 6 or 8? I am thinking of going with somebody just to share the cost of the cabin, not to spend too much time together... Is it now the same as a dinner in a restaurant in any city? 

No, you can still share tables. 

8 hours ago, 2011mom said:

Thanks!

No, not really...you have to check in each time unless you have talked them into giving you the same table every night.
I have made all my dinner reservations already for our September cruise several months ago and final payment is not until end of May.  Perhaps because we're Elite?  Never really thought about it.

17 hours ago, BettyCruiser said:

My final payment isn’t until next year but I can make reservations now.

13 hours ago, suzyed said:

I have made all my dinner reservations already for our September cruise several months ago and final payment is not until end of May.  Perhaps because we're Elite?

It's because you're Elite. I've only cruised Princess once before. Non-elites can only make reservations after final payment.