Licorice in Iceland

fmrlkr

I was telling a friend about my upcoming cruise to Iceland.  His stemother is from Iceland and they visited right before covid.  He got all excited about the licorice and said they visited a candy factory near Reykovik and had the best licorice ever.  I have tried to google it but have not found it.  I have found that licorice is popular and available everywhere so I will be bringing some home.  Any suggestions on the best place to buy and/or the best brand of licorice?  Thanks!

On 4/3/2023 at 10:30 AM, Nitemare said:

The grocery stores there (Bonus, Netto, etc) have GREAT candy selections at very reasonable prices.

In 2019, I purchased a reusable yellow nylon bag from a Bonus Supermarket and filled it with 5 bags of chocolate covered licorice.  I grew up eating salty Dutch licorice so it was an unusual taste sensation.  I liked it, hubby did not.

I recall that chocolate covered "non-salty licorice" is also available, for those who think the salty licorice is too "adventurous".

We bought the salty licorice when in Sweden.  I did not care for it.  I'm not sure how I feel about the chocolate covered but I will try it.  I look forward to trying a variety.  We have 3 stops in Iceland so maybe buy some at each to decide what to stock up on to bring home.