Selling CCL stock while a future cruise has shareholder credit

dickinson

I have already submitted my shareholder info to Princess and have OBC posted for a future cruise.  If I were to sell my shares and then rebuy 30 days later (in order to take the loss for tax purposes) will that affect my OBC?  I don't see how Princess would know I sold them.  

Thanks.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, david63 said:

The only requirement is that you hold the minimum 100 shares at the time of applying and that you apply within the specified time-frame.

In the US there doesn't seem to be a specified time frame.  We have already had it applied for a September cruise.  

I would imagine there is a stipulation that people are supposed to own the shares at the time of sailing. technically. they prob could ask to see a statement within 90 days and take the credit off otherwise. in reality it's probably very unlikely they would since they have lots of other work with people experiencing issues on the ship. esp now that i hear the mediallion's are wrongly charging people for drinks when they bought plus or premier. i hear guest services spends a ton of time taking incorrect charges off for a lot of people. 

• Haha 1

Requiring people to hold the stock after the award of the shareholder benefit would violate securities law.   If Carnival Corp wanted to tighten up how far in advance you could apply for the benefit, that would be legit, but they’ve actually let the lines go the other direction with people able to apply before the previous written 90-day policy. 

• Like 1