Ruby Princess - Heated Pool?

Woosgirl

8 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

The pools can be heated. Whether or not they do it is another question. The Ruby doesn’t have an enclosed pool and any heat in the pool water would be quickly lost. 

I guess I can hope! 

"I imagine they’ll be packed, but I guess we will find out. "

it always depends!  Port days will be less crowded while in port, and depending on the Movie under the Stars, it may be busier.    

If there are 2 people you dont yet know, wade on in!  (I dont know how many people is the limit for capacity or comfort in a hot tub!  You can test that too!)

• Like 1

It is always a guess what temperature the pools will be.  Quite often not heated, but sometimes one will get surprised.  Even on the ships with indoor pools it varies. Was on one cruise where it was heated the first two days. Then cold for 3 days, then heated for 1 then cold the rest of the cruise.

The only pool I have found consistently heated has been the Hollywood pool on the Majestic.  Otherwise your best bet is with the Terrace Pool at the stern they seem to be heated more often than the main pools.

Edited by ldtr

15 hours ago, ldtr said:

It is always a guess what temperature the pools will be.  Quite often not heated, but sometimes one will get surprised.  Even on the ships with indoor pools it varies. Was on one cruise where it was heated the first two days. Then cold for 3 days, then heated for 1 then cold the rest of the cruise.

The only pool I have found consistently heated has been the Hollywood pool on the Majestic.  Otherwise your best bet is with the Terrace Pool at the stern they seem to be heated more often than the main pools.

Thank you.  We can try the hot tubs if the pool is not heated. Crossing fingers for both.

On 4/2/2023 at 9:23 AM, sirclean said:

I dont know about the pool, but there are hot tubs available on the decks.

Actually they are more like "warm tubs". Anything that's not heated to 104° F isn't hot enough to suit me.  Luckily, I don't utilize the "warm tubs" or the pools onboard. My wife uses the pools - mostly the aft pool - but gave up on the "warm tubs". Not only are they not hot enough but she had a harrowing experience where an absolutely huge woman wanted to use the tub. She tried to go down the ladder but couldn't make it going forward so she turned around and started backing down the ladder. My wife watched in horror as a gigantic backside inched closer while the woman struggled to use the ladder. My wife was certain the woman was going to fall on her. Finally the woman gave up and struggled back up the ladder and departed.

• Like 2