Aruba Sunset Cocktail Cruise

GotMINI

Currently booked on the Beyond Feb 2024 and have an overnight stay in Aruba.  We'd like to book a sunset cruise and out of simplicity will probably just book through Celebrity vs looking for an independent operator.  Right now they are on sale too, so would like to take advantage and book something early.  However, there are two 2hr catamaran excursions available, both with the exact same name of "Destination Highlight: Aruba Sunset Cocktail Cruise", they literally cost about the same ($1-2 difference) they have slightly different descriptions.  I cannot tell what the actual difference in the excursions are to know which one to book.  I've tried calling Celebrity and after being on hold for quite some time, have been hung up on by 2 of their operators.   Was wondering if anyone has done one of these 2hr sunset excursions and what your thoughts were.  Any idea the difference between the 2 being offered?  Thanks!

19 minutes ago, GotMINI said:

Currently booked on the Beyond Feb 2024 and have an overnight stay in Aruba.  We'd like to book a sunset cruise and out of simplicity will probably just book through Celebrity vs looking for an independent operator.  Right now they are on sale too, so would like to take advantage and book something early.  However, there are two 2hr catamaran excursions available, both with the exact same name of "Destination Highlight: Aruba Sunset Cocktail Cruise", they literally cost about the same ($1-2 difference) they have slightly different descriptions.  I cannot tell what the actual difference in the excursions are to know which one to book.  I've tried calling Celebrity and after being on hold for quite some time, have been hung up on by 2 of their operators.   Was wondering if anyone has done one of these 2hr sunset excursions and what your thoughts were.  Any idea the difference between the 2 being offered?  Thanks!

Would suggest you visit the ports forum and your roll call.  Shore excursions mostly have new operators.  Agree hard to tell exactly what they offer AND operators are often changing.

Good idea.  I can try posting on the Aruba forum.   Just thought this was more Celebrity/Royal Caribbean and on the forum I’ll get many other cruise lines chiming in with their excursions.   Maybe Celebrity left the descriptions vague enough so can really use whichever operator is avail at that time.  But I have a feeling there might be slightly different destination for each one.  But thx.  

40 minutes ago, GotMINI said:

Any idea the difference between the 2 being offered? 

We have the same 2 similar choices for our Feb '24 Reflection. There is a difference apparently.

If the descriptions can be believed, the less expensive one sails to the northern tip of Aruba, and includes viewing of a lighthouse. The other one goes on the southern and west coasts, and seems to highlight beaches. Both are 2 hrs.

So, simply a matter of what you think might be more interesting to see. I know there are a lot of hotels on the coast going north. We never saw the southern coast. You might want to look at some maps of each area.

We haven't chosen anything yet!

• 7 months later...