Price dropped to Value Price in Brochure, does it ever drop lower

REGINA

Yes, often. The Cruise Lines constantly adjust the prices, as the software in their computers computes the load factor and how well a particular ship/sailing is selling.

Find the cruise you want, make sure your TA will refund any price drops to you when they occur, make your deposit, then keep watching the prices, if they go down, call your TA and get some money back.

Hypo

It is my understanding that RCCL no longer discounts to travel agencies at all. The price for the cruise is the value price in the brochure. Tried to book a cruise recently, everyone came back with the same price.

I've paid less than the brochure value price for all of my cruises (including an Alaska cruisetour) and that was at the time of booking. Never had a price drop after I book. More often than not they go up. Of course, that probably has to do with booking at least a year out when the prices are usually the best available.

I've paid less than the brochure value price for all of my cruises (including an Alaska cruisetour) and that was at the time of booking. Never had a price drop after I book. More often than not they go up. Of course, that probably has to do with booking at least a year out when the prices are usually the best available.
I see that you usually book a suite. That is why your rate does not go down. Those of us that book minimal inside, ocean view, and balconies almost always get great savings with rate reductions closer to the cruise, especially when school is in session.

I see that you usually book a suite. That is why your rate does not go down. Those of us that book minimal inside, ocean view, and balconies almost always get great savings with rate reductions closer to the cruise, especially when school is in session.
Okie dokie then. I still consider myself getting a good value on my suite by booking early when the price is lower (even lower than the brochure value price for a suite).

Archived