Price Drop

I called RC last week as it appeared the price of a balcony cabin had dropped enough that I wanted to switch from our ocean view room to balcony. I believe the young man on the phone said that because my trip was paid in full, I couldn't switch to a lower priced cabin.

Is that right or did I misunderstand him? Seems like there are still quite a few balcony rooms available and yes we do have a Royalup bid on one but his response confused me. We are cruising Alaska in May.

If you get the new cabin, be sure to cancel the RoyalUp bid immediately. There have been stories here of people paying for an upgrade and then winning their RoyalUp bid to a cabin equal to or lesser than the cabin they paid for. 

12 hours ago, SG65CB said:

If you get the new cabin, be sure to cancel the RoyalUp bid immediately.

Most of the time a change in category or even a cabin assignment with a GTY booking is enough of a booking change that it will trigger all existing Royal Up bids to be cancelled. It might better to cancel the bids even before making the booking change.

Related question. I received a RoyalUp offer for my oceanview stateroom. I didn't bid. Instaed, due to a big price drop, I called and moved to a balcony guarantee. Will I receive a new invitation to bid from balcony to suites?