Arrival time question

benp18

I've got a 4pm arrival time but would love to board earlier if possible. If I show up at 2pm, will I be able to board? Is anyone actually verifying my arrival time, or can I just say I have a 2pm arrival time?

if you show up that early, you'll either be told to stand in the "too early" line of shame or be directed to take the shuttle to a nearby shopping center to hang out there while you wait. if you show up closer to your time, and after the initial boarding rush is over - say 3pm, you may be able to just waltz into check-in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, benp18 said:

I've got a 4pm arrival time but would love to board earlier if possible. If I show up at 2pm, will I be able to board? Is anyone actually verifying my arrival time, or can I just say I have a 2pm arrival time?

Yes, they're actually checking.  If you show up at 2pm, no, you won't be able to board then.

• Like 1

As above, if you show up at 2 with a 4pm time, you'll be offered a line to stand in or a shuttle to Bayside shopping area--your choice.  You WON'T have a chair, it is a standing line.  When everyone who has a time earlier than 4 has been boarded, you will be checked in and allowed to board...but it won't be close to 2 as boarding doesn't start till 1:30.  It will likely be somewhere between 3 and 4.  And yes, the do check your time.  

There are a few exceptions--people in Rockstar Suites board first right at 1:30 or any time later that they arrive.  If you have purchased the Romance package, you can board when you arrive.  If you qualify for the Deep Blue Extras loyalty program, you can board a 1:30 or any time after that. (If you don't know what this is, go the the VV site under Loyalty....but it ends at the end of April 2023)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, benp18 said:

Appreciate the responses. Out of curiosity, how do they check my arrival time? I show them on the app?

No, they look it up on their tablet.  You just give them your name. They verify your name and cabin number and direct you based on that.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2023 at 4:17 PM, _tacocat_ said:

or be directed to take the shuttle to a nearby shopping center to hang out there while you wait.

Provided the shuttle actually keeps running. When we sailed Scarlet last July we were waiting at the appointed location, after just missing the previous shuttle at 1;45p and the shuttle never came back. At 2:30 we ended up calling in a Lyft with another couple that was also stranded at Bayside. VV reps apologized and gave us onboard credit to make up for Lyft payment. 🙂

• Like 2