SHIP EXCURSIONS in Curacao

D & S

Will visit Curacao next month and we are not beach people, I'm sure you are wondering why we picked this cruise!! 

Any info on a sightseeing tour would help.  I've looked at a few on the Equinox  but figure out which one would be the best. 

Please help!

• Like 1

We have been to Curacao a few times off a ship. One tour we did was Irie Tours which we had prebooked (independent).  It’s been a few years but the 4 of us enjoyed it.  Included was the National Park, “Fisherman’s Wharf” where you could swim with the turtles for a short time, and a stop for beach time at Playa Porto Mari beach. 

Another year we just walked off the ship and booked a 2 hour city tour with Ben’s tours which included a stop at the Curacao factory where we got to taste some.  

Other times we’ve been there we have just walked into town of booked snorkel excursions. 

I’m sure you’ll find something suitable for what you’re interested.  Enjoy, we love Curacao!

3 minutes ago, D & S said:

Canadianbear  mentioned they walked into town, do you know how long the walk is or if there are shuttles?

The walk into town isn’t very far.  It’s over the Queen Emma bridge that opens and you’re right there!    I have an issue with walking any distance and I found it no problem.  

6 minutes ago, D & S said:

Thanks for your help, guess we can just walk into town and go from there!

I don’t know if there are any tours in town as we’ve always seen them right at the dock as you get off the ship.  Not sure how long you’re in port for but we try to do an excursion in the morning and walk around town after that. 

29 minutes ago, D & S said:

Thank you for your help, that gives us ideas to take a short tour from the dock and then walk around in the afternoon.  We are there from 8am till 10 pm. so lots of time. 

We love it when the ship is in port that long.  Make sure you walk around in the evening-it’s very pretty with the lights.  We were there one time a few weeks before Christmas and it was lovely.  One of our favourite Caribbean ports. 

You are most welcome.  Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

We did a ship excursion that was a bus tour that stopped in the National Park where you get to stand on what used to be the ocean floor on the north end of the island.  We stopped for photos at a beach cove, and visited the Nena Sanchez Gallery which is in an old house of some significance that I don't remember.  But we got to see a lot of the island and our tour guide was wonderful so we learned a lot about Curacao.  We also were getting back earlier than planned so they added a tour of town which was nice so we could see where we were planning to walk later in the afternoon.

There were several tours offered not just through the cruiseline but also through vendors as you are coming off the ship.