Travel Insurance

kenea

Iam just reaching out to my fellow Cruise travelers about 'Travel Insurance' we went with 'insuranceandgo' to the tune of over $4000.

Last Cruise trip to Greece I had my bag stolen with an amount of money in it.

I went through all the channels, canceled my cards, etc. Reported it to the fraud squad and the police and still my insurance company won't cover my bag and lost items, Reason: I don't have a receipt for the bag, we'll really who has or keeps receipt from Perchances over twelve months ago. I need some clues

What is everyone's idea on a repeatable Cruise travelers insurance group.

Edited by kenea

Many of us would recommend using an insurance broker like Steve Dasseos at tripinsurancestore.com yet you may want to call them to ask any and all questions or concerns you may have.

Steve and his staff can work with you on the best way to handle situations like this, going forward, so as to best not get a claim denied and help with the filing.

Many of us who post here have had wonderful experience with this firm pre- and post- travel.

Personally, while I know they are in the insurance business, I say they are in the Customer Service business foremost to ensure that all goes well in the unfortunate event a claim needs to be made.

bon voyage

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kenea said:

Reason: I don't have a receipt for the bag, we'll really who has or keeps receipt from Perchances over twelve months ago. I need some clues

Many of us have learned this lesson the hard way. To include myself.

Requiring a receipt for proof of purchase on the insurance companies part is smart. (Can you imagine all the claims they would receive if they just took everyone's word? Yep, Nope. That was a Coach bag, not the bag I picked up at Walmart.)

I filed a claim for a "lost/stolen/misplaced" wedding band.  Received the max amount covered under the policy. Why? Many years ago, I began scanning my receipts for large dollar items. I back these files up onto an external hard drive plus I also copy the files to a separate USB.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, kenea said:

Iam just reaching out to my fellow Cruise travelers about 'Travel Insurance' we went with 'insuranceandgo' to the tune of over $4000.

Last Cruise trip to Greece I had my bag stolen with an amount of money in it.

I went through all the channels, canceled my cards, etc. Reported it to the fraud squad and the police and still my insurance company won't cover my bag and lost items, Reason: I don't have a receipt for the bag, we'll really who has or keeps receipt from Perchances over twelve months ago. I need some clues

What is everyone's idea on a repeatable Cruise travelers insurance group.

I'll have to add "Do you have receipts for all the items in your bag, as well as the bag itself" as questions people should ask when considering travel insurance.