Without flying how to get from SEA to the Vancouver Cruise port?

caymancouple

The easiest way would be to take the Amtrak Cascades - there is currently one morning train and one evening train. It takes approximately 4 hours, picks up at King Street Station in DT Seattle and will drop you off at Pacific Central Terminal.

If you arrive too late for the morning train and don't want to wait until the evening, you can take a bus from King Street Station to Pacific Central Terminal. It takes between 4-5 hours, depending on traffic and customs.

Both the bus and the train can easily be booked via Amtrak.com - I just took the bus up this Saturday and returned to Seattle last night via train.

Amtrak is a great way to go, hopefully the timing works out for you.  

Be aware that there are two Vancouvers, both served by Amtrak - Vancouver BC, and Vancouver WA.  Occasionally, folks will make a mistake and book the wrong train.  If you do use Amtrak, Business Class is very nice, but regardless, better to book early, as the train does sell out. .

• Like 1

There might be a cruise-line shuttle, which avoids all the extra stops that the scheduled buses have; you could check the price of rental cars on your date (while prices do still seem high compared to TheBeforeTimes, the price is the same whether there's one of you or bums on all seats so for families/groups this might be the cheapest per-person option as well as by far the most flexible in timing); or if you have lots of time, take the Clipper from Seattle to Victoria then BC Ferries to Vancouver.

5 minutes ago, martincath said:

if you have lots of time, take the Clipper from Seattle to Victoria then BC Ferries to Vancouver.

Just checking, but for some reason I thought all Clipper fares had to be round-trip, no one way tickets offered.

IMG_1227.jpg.3fc61cb60cb033121a3fe6cd6929407e.jpgIMG_1242.jpg.394fd7136b8a6f592c84fdadfab856ec.jpgIMG_1213.jpg.6621b05b444755e21da2959d15898262.jpg

16 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Just checking, but for some reason I thought all Clipper fares had to be round-trip, no one way tickets offered.

They do offer One Ways -- I had one booked for last weekend (However, my friend's flight from Chicago was cancelled so we missed the morning clipper, thus canceling the Victoria leg of our trip and taking the bus to Vancouver, so Canada transporation is VERY fresh in my mind 🙂 )

(edited) and while it's as fresh as last night, here's 3 good views of why the train is the best way to go!

Edited by psuboater
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Link light rail from downtown Seattle to ID station where King Street Station is, Amtrak to Vancouver.  If possible, take the morning train and sit on the left hand side, you’ll have some spectacular scenery.  If in the dead of summer with our long summer days the evening train will also give you some good views.  When you get into Vancouver you can take the skytrain from the train station right to the waterfront station where Canada Place is.  Easy peasy.

Now, if you have the time, I’d take the morning train, get off in Bellingham where you’ll be in the Fairhaven District, have lunch, look around at the neat shops, especially Village Books.  It’ll be easy to knock around the day there, then you can hop back on to the evening Amtrak to continue your travels to Vancouver.  I’d check about luggage storage at the Amtrak depot for the day. 

322B068A-8339-40ED-8B12-9844AE72C43B.jpeg

9021A85B-DE6E-4847-B8B2-4EC4C2A6D86B.jpeg