QM2 Interior room question - how do they sleep 3? or 4?

en6ads

Hi,

I sailed transatlantic on QM2 last summer in a sheltered balcony cabin with my daughter. We both loved it.

I would like to sail transatlantic again this summer, but this time 1 adult (me) and 2 children ages between 10 - 12. So 3 in a cabin.

How are the interior rooms set up to sleep 3 or 4 people? Does anyone have photos of the bed setup for more than 2 people?

I can see how the room I had last year (sheltered balcony), you could pull out the sofa and sleep one or 2 on that. But the interior rooms look smaller with no sofa.

Many thanks.

If you look on the deck plans, some rooms are marked with a cross, circle or square

cross = third berth is a single sofa bed - likely what you had in the sheltered balcony

circle = third & fourth berths are a double sofa bed - looks like some 'glass front' balcony rooms, and a couple of the Queens Grill suites

square = third and fourth berths are two upper beds. Mostly inside cabins. These beds drop down from the ceiling. I would find this beyond claustrophobic. There are a couple of far forward ocean view rooms on deck 6 that might be a smidgen larger than inside rooms 

12 hours ago, TheOldBear said:

I would find this beyond claustrophobic.

We've made many 14 hour plus North Sea ferry crossings in 2 berth cabins with bunks that were effectively half of what is shown in the thread from 2021. We found them all quite comfortable, albeit neither of us suffers from claustrophobia.

What was a tight fit was a "cabin" on a racing yacht. It was a team building weekend; my boss was the divisional manager and I was assistant. We had 8 of our supervisory team with us. The 2 professional crew had the best cabins at stern. We had one of the next best cabins midships. My boss was quite rotund and snored terribly, he was in the lower berth. Each time he turned in his sleep my hammock was nudged upwards.  On the second night I gave up trying to sleep and decamped to the sail locker in the bow with my quilt, much to the amusement of the other team members.

27 minutes ago, D&N said:

We've made many 14 hour plus North Sea ferry crossings in 2 berth cabins with bunks that were effectively half of what is shown in the thread from 2021. We found them all quite comfortable, albeit neither of us suffers from claustrophobia.

What was a tight fit was a "cabin" on a racing yacht. It was a team building weekend; my boss was the divisional manager and I was assistant. We had 8 of our supervisory team with us. The 2 professional crew had the best cabins at stern. We had one of the next best cabins midships. My boss was quite rotund and snored terribly, he was in the lower berth. Each time he turned in his sleep my hammock was nudged upwards.  On the second night I gave up trying to sleep and decamped to the sail locker in the bow with my quilt, much to the amusement of the other team members.

And was your team built, or did you hate each other even more?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

And was your team built, or did you hate each other even more?

The group got on remarkably well, and it was one of the best exercises of that sort I encountered.

My boss' ability was generally respected but he was often hated. He was a manager in the true sense of the word. When he tasked his team to achieve something he would ensure success. Many people would have called him a bully. If someone underperformed he let them know, in private of course but not everyone takes kindly to being held accountable for their errors.

Who knows, some of them may have hated me too!

Edited by D&N
removal of inappropriate 'the'

Apologies to the OP and HH for being off topic...

Quite an interesting company that do those courses: https://www.inspiringperformance.com/

Our weekend was mainly on what had been "Ocean Rover" in the BT Global Challenge 1996/7. A 67 footer purpose built for a round the world race. We were restricted to The Firth of Clyde around Largs Marina.

6 minutes ago, D&N said:

Apologies to the OP and HH for being off topic...

Quite an interesting company that do those courses: https://www.inspiringperformance.com/

Our weekend was mainly on what had been "Ocean Rover" in the BT Global Challenge 1996/7. A 67 footer purpose built for a round the world race. We were restricted to The Firth of Clyde around Largs Marina.

It all sounds absolute hell, but I’m glad you (sort of) enjoyed it. 😀

• Like 1