NCL refuses to honor coupon sent in mail?

COcruise

49 minutes ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

Sure, TA’s love to work on issues for people that use a PCC to buy cruises.

Good testimonial for having an independent TA vs. an employee that has to give you the party line.

?????????

Using a TA doesn't guarantee a lack of issues. And for whatever reason, the system at NCL is not great at preventing duplicate accounts. Hubby has had 3 different accounts created for him, so each trip we need to triple check his lattitudes number to make sure it's the right one with all his points on there.

Our next trip is in September, and the reservation document I have from the TA has the wrong number. Despite me giving them the correct one 3x. Just wrote to them again last week because it's still not fixed, and on his NCL account it doesn't even say he has an upcoming cruise booked. So he can't book any excursions, reservations, see our itinerary.... nothing.

TA swears they spoke to NCL and it is 'fixed'.... but a week later and he still has no reservation when he logs in. I try to talk to NCL directly and because our reservation is listed as being through a TA they won't talk to me at all. 

My point is that it happens, far too often than it should. But when there's a glitch it's because of a mysterious duplicate account. But to swear off an entire cruise line completely over a dopey coupon? 😆 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JustAPilot said:

There’s no loyalty on a mainstream cruise line, they are all in the negative except maybe for Disney which is a niche market and people will pay what ever for their kid to get the experience. 

@JustAPilot I can see why you and others feel this way.  Loyalty goes in levels with the best a brand can achieve is actually called "Advocacy". To be a guest brand "Advocate" means you love the brand so much that you want everyone to know how great it is. 

All brands have loyal clients and Advocates.  What happens is when the brand does not continue to improve overall client expectations, they start losing those guests as clients.  The bigger the brand, the harder it for that brand to see they are losing guests.  The smaller the brand, the better that brand can see what their clients want and how to improve the experience. 

Disney Cruises are still small enough to be in touch with client expectations.  They also are NOT afraid of being one of the most expensive cruises for families.  We all pay it to see Micky and Minnie.  What has happen to NCL, Royal, Celebrity, Carnival, and HAL of recent is an increase in cost and a decrease in quality.  Not huge but enough to recognize.  New ships don't make up for a loss of engagement of the crew member because they have to do more work for the same wages. Team Members build brands not New Ships. 

When the brand is big, the team members can't handle minor issues because the brand does not want them to do so.  That is why the computer applications they use are so rigid.  The are to big and could not see any abuses if they were happening until it was too late.  Do I buy that, no.  I can understand why they feel that way.  Where other brands, Disney is one, give empowerment to their team members. 

Sorry for writing so much on this topic.  It is important for all brands of all products to understand your team members make the brand. Give them the opportunity to take care of your guests. 

Cruise well and enjoy every moment.   

• Like 4

So glad to hear NCL came through honoring coupon. We were not so lucky and I gave up trying after numerous calls and emails to customer resolution.  

NCL cancelled August 2020 sailing, gave us FCC10% discount. They extended expiration date and I finally used it to book April 2023. They later cancelled that cruise too because it was chartered. We received another FCC 10% expires end of 2023.  When I used it for a summer sailing, they only gave 10% off one person. Here's their funny math, BOGO for first person is $2000, they split this fare into $1000 for each person. They only discounted $100 (not $200) off the first person. Their lame excuse was we cannot use FCC for both persons in same room. I said....BOGO first person is $2000 so I'm expecting $200 discount using the FCC. They said only 1 FCC for each sailing for the FCC owner and not for the other person. So...essentially, FCC 10% is only 5% discount. Does this sound right?  

On 4/7/2023 at 11:27 AM, Sthrngary said:

....  I then did what I always do.  I wrote a very well thought out letter, used all the information I had to verify my position.  I never threatened, ever.  That is the trick.  I felt that I was done wrong, but I knew if I threatened, it would not help my position.  Instead, I asked for a fair resolution as a customer courtesy.  I sent those letters out once a week to the top five executives of the cruise brand registered mail.

Each and every time in a week or two, the issue was resolved.  My Travel Agent always asks me how I did it because it frustrated her that she could not do the same thing for me.  The reason my friends is I was passionate about the situation and never gave up. Be nice, be fair and be professional with your approach.  Never give up if you really believe you are right.

Yep, never threaten.  If you have already told them you will never sail with them again then what reason do they have to give you what you want.  Never tell them you are getting a lawyer because they will just forward it to their legal department awaiting contact from your lawyer.  None of those things ever do you any good.  

• Thanks 2

On 4/8/2023 at 7:24 AM, Sailing12Away said:

Using a TA doesn't guarantee a lack of issues. And for whatever reason, the system at NCL is not great at preventing duplicate accounts. Hubby has had 3 different accounts created for him, so each trip we need to triple check his lattitudes number to make sure it's the right one with all his points on there.

Our next trip is in September, and the reservation document I have from the TA has the wrong number. Despite me giving them the correct one 3x. Just wrote to them again last week because it's still not fixed, and on his NCL account it doesn't even say he has an upcoming cruise booked. So he can't book any excursions, reservations, see our itinerary.... nothing.

TA swears they spoke to NCL and it is 'fixed'.... but a week later and he still has no reservation when he logs in. I try to talk to NCL directly and because our reservation is listed as being through a TA they won't talk to me at all. 

My point is that it happens, far too often than it should. But when there's a glitch it's because of a mysterious duplicate account. But to swear off an entire cruise line completely over a dopey coupon? 😆 

I totally agree it happens… and when given the chance to make it right they should. And they did. To me it’s about principle and if a company pulls this I will spend my money elsewhere. I hope they fix your issue!

I don’t know if I would call it dopey 😆 20% off the cruise goes a loooooong way when booking a Haven room for a 2 week Europe cruise

• Like 1

On 4/7/2023 at 11:27 AM, Sthrngary said:

My Travel Agent is extremely successful and has been doing her job for over a decade. 

In each situation, she went up the ladder and got nowhere.  I then did what I always do.  I wrote a very well thought out letter, used all the information I had to verify my position.  I never threatened, ever.  That is the trick.  I felt that I was done wrong, but I knew if I threatened, it would not help my position.  Instead, I asked for a fair resolution as a customer courtesy.  I sent those letters out once a week to the top five executives of the cruise brand registered mail.

Each and every time in a week or two, the issue was resolved.  My Travel Agent always asks me how I did it because it frustrated her that she could not do the same thing for me.  The reason my friends is I was passionate about the situation and never gave up. Be nice, be fair and be professional with your approach.  Never give up if you really believe you are right.

I adopt the same technique with polite, concise, respectful and reasonable letters to resolve my issues when NCL has done wrong or fell short... and have always prevailed after my TA was denied (she's been doing it for 25 years)...  she too asks how I do it, haha.   I had a good laugh and massive deja vu reading Southern Gary account of his experiences. 

I also feel like things were simpler to get fixed 5 years and more ago when the first person you called at NCL seemed to have more authority to fix problems.  These days, it seems whoever answers the phone to help you is ruled by NCL's myriad (and confusing) promo codes and if it's not "in the computer", their hands are tied and you're forced to elevate it to a higher power where getting an override often proves impossible.  Hence the need for tenacity (my middle name when blatant unfairness and injustice is involved) and those passionate letters requesting satisfaction when you are clearly in the right!

Southern Gary hit the nail on the head with all his posts (as usual).  🙂

On 4/8/2023 at 9:24 AM, Sailing12Away said:

I bet if he creates another new NCL account he could pull up the reservation and "own" it.😨 I'm surprised NCL won't talk to you. I had clients with this exact issue. They notified me at 8 AM. I called NCL at 10 AM and the client had already called and had it fixed. I wish NCL would be consistent with the whole we will/will not service a travel advisor reservation. I'm all for the customer being able to fix it! But, don't tell me they can't, then do when the customer calls in. Makes me look like a buffoon and I do that very well myself, thank you!🤡

36 minutes ago, lgdesign said:

Southern Gary hit the nail on the head with all his posts (as usual).  🙂

@lgdesign Wow, thank you for the very kind words.  Even in todays say of Text an Email, nothing seems to get the job done better then a professionally written letter to the right folks.  Extra work but worth the result.  The real message you nailed by say things have changed in the last many years.  It is more difficult today to fix these customer issue today than in the past.  I hope every cruise brand read these post. 

• Like 1