What time to book private excursion in the Mediterranean

OfTheSeasCruiser

We'll be sailing next summer on the Ascent. I'm planning on booking private excursions in Rome and Naples, but trying to decide what time I should schedule them for. We arrive in both ports at 7am and would like to schedule the excursion for as early as possible. For those who have sailed to those ports on Celebrity, what time would you schedule your excursions?

2 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

We'll be sailing next summer on the Ascent. I'm planning on booking private excursions in Rome and Naples, but trying to decide what time I should schedule them for. We arrive in both ports at 7am and would like to schedule the excursion for as early as possible. For those who have sailed to those ports on Celebrity, what time would you schedule your excursions?

For Rome make sure your operator has access to the dock (not all do) otherwise it's a long way for you to get from the ship to the port entrance. 

13 minutes ago, the penguins said:

For Rome make sure your operator has access to the dock (not all do) otherwise it's a long way for you to get from the ship to the port entrance. 

Ok thanks, I was planning to use RomeInLimo. They seem to come highly recommended, so I'm assuming they have access to the dock, but I haven't see anything specific mentioned about that.

2 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Ok thanks, I was planning to use RomeInLimo. They seem to come highly recommended, so I'm assuming they have access to the dock, but I haven't see anything specific mentioned about that.

We never assume anything - especially post Covid.

On our last visit we used 2 different companies to give us a unique day out. 

We were travelling as a party of 4 one of whom uses a wheelchair. 

We had a limo from the ship to St Peters Station in Rome. At the station we met our private guide who had a 6 person golf buggy (the wheelchair fitted on one of the rear facing seats). The buggy got us everywhere and gave us access to places that a limo just couldn't reach. We had time to go inside the Colluseum and to have 2 coffee/cake breaks. Our tour ended back at the station where our Limo picked us up for the journey back to the ship.

St Peters also has the most amazing restrooms - well worth the fee.

Not cheap but the perfect solution for us and especially our disabled friend