Is bringing soda and water enforced when boarding the Seascape

Jess777

Going on a B2B on the Seascape  in Sept.  Has anyone tried to board with water and or soda?  I read somewhere someone was let on with 2 12pks of soda. I know in the cruise contract it says no drinks of any kind allowed soda water booze ect. Is it really enforced. 

22 minutes ago, jcathers1 said:

Curious as to why you would need to/want to bring soda or water on board when they have it on the ship.

It’s understandable that someone wants to know if they can bring soda and water onboard since this is allowed on other cruise lines. 

Besides the obvious answer that it is to save some money, someone may want to bring a brand of soda not offered on the ship. Also because it’s very convenient to have a stash of water and soda in the cabin at all times. 

If I’m driving to the embarkation port and  the cruise line allows this, I will bring water/soda for the cabin. If I’m flying, the hassle overrules any perceived convenience or savings. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Tapi said:

It’s understandable that someone wants to know if they can bring soda and water onboard since this is allowed on other cruise lines. 

To be precise, they are asking if the can circumvent the rules to bring this on board. They are well aware it isn't allowed. 

• Like 1

Just now, jcathers1 said:

To be precise, they are asking if the can circumvent the rules to bring this on board. They are well aware it isn't allowed. 

Yes, you’re right, that’s a different story altogether. I wouldn’t go through all the hassle if I knew that the cruise line I’m sailing on doesn’t allow it. 

13 hours ago, Jess777 said:

Going on a B2B on the Seascape  in Sept.  Has anyone tried to board with water and or soda?  I read somewhere someone was let on with 2 12pks of soda. I know in the cruise contract it says no drinks of any kind allowed soda water booze ect. Is it really enforced. 

OP - this is your original post   ..  

You are NOT allowed to bring liquid (unless you have previously cleared it to bring distilled water if you use a CPAP machine) on a MSC cruise ship.

They have water in bars, restaurants, in taps and if necessary, in your mini bar.   There is a very high probability you will be pulled up for it, it will be confiscated and you will get a tannoy announcement of shame to come and collect your opened case / bag.

Please stop posting about this.   You can't take it.   Other cruise lines do allow it, so if it's as big a deal to you as the number of your posts suggest, you maybe need to be thinking whether MSC is the cruise line that best suits you.

Either buy it on a bottle basis, or buy a drink package where you can literally have as much of it as you please in any location, including taking to your cabin.

• Like 1