Great Lakes cruise confusion.

uktog

Sadly even more confusion and upset

Despite AQSC THREE times confirming that our pre departure hotel would be the Westin Harbour Centre, where we booked an extra two nights the paperwork has just arrived.  We are NOT staying lakeside as planned, we are in the Hilton Canopy.Yorkville.

SO SO angry, we now have to lose time moving hotel - we booked the Westin eleven months ago, the rate at the Hilton is way higher for such a near date booking.  No way is this new hotel in such a good location though it bangs on about being in a trendy location.  We were so looking forward to walking to the Sky Tower for a special dinner one night and to Distillery district the night before our cruise for a dinner already booked.  

AQSC can you do any more to update us

Edited by uktog

I am so sorry to read this and other posts about the mess that AQV seems to have become.  My late husband and I took 5 voyages with them (last one in 2019) and had wonderful times.  For a while there seemed to be someone at AQV who was replying to messages on this site, but have not seen that in a while.  A shame.

Now, this is easy for me to say because it is not my money, but perhaps you could consider staying at the Westin for all three nights then, on the day of sailing, taxi to the designated hotel for check-in and boarding.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

I am so sorry to read this and other posts about the mess that AQV seems to have become.  My late husband and I took 5 voyages with them (last one in 2019) and had wonderful times.  For a while there seemed to be someone at AQV who was replying to messages on this site, but have not seen that in a while.  A shame.

Now, this is easy for me to say because it is not my money, but perhaps you could consider staying at the Westin for all three nights then, on the day of sailing, taxi to the designated hotel for check-in and boarding.

That is exactly my thought at present, though the refund AQV give me for not staying in their hotel is rather poor vs the cost in the Westin

2 hours ago, LDVinNC said:

I agree. If the cost difference isn't terrible, stay at the Westin and enjoy the plans you made for that area. You will have to check out of your room at the Westin before it's time for the transfer from the Hilton to the ship, but the Westin can store your luggage until you're ready to go over to the Hilton. 

• Like 1