Mexican Riviera on the Jewel

carohs

3 hours ago, carohs said:

Our second sea day has gone fairly uneventfully. DD went to Splash in the morning around 9:30. DS changed his mind about going but by 9:32 they were at capacity. No worries we folded origami dollars into t-shirts then went to the officer's Q and A. I was able to sign DS in around 11:30 as other parents started to pick up their littles. He had really wanted to play Super Mario but they didn't pull the game out before it closed for the morning.

For lunch, the cafe had a Mexican theme and I saw wraps they called enchiladas. There was no sauce so they were definitely not enchiladas. There was also a build your own taco area. We actually ended up eating at O'Sheehans because MIL and I were both craving burgers, and they have blue cheese ones. I asked MIL if it's supposed to be pronounced "oceans." She laughed but didn't agree or disagree. Okay you guys tell me: how do you say O'Sheehans?

O Shee Hans as in Kevin Sheehan-- then CEO of Norwegian Cruise Line

• Thanks 1

Our second sea day has gone fairly uneventfully. DD went to Splash in the morning around 9:30. DS changed his mind about going but by 9:32 they were at capacity. No worries we folded origami dollars into t-shirts then went to the officer's Q and A. I was able to sign DS in around 11:30 as other parents started to pick up their littles. He had really wanted to play Super Mario but they didn't pull the game out before it closed for the morning.

For lunch, the cafe had a Mexican theme and I saw wraps they called enchiladas. There was no sauce so they were definitely not enchiladas. There was also a build your own taco area. We actually ended up eating at O'Sheehans because MIL and I were both craving burgers, and they have blue cheese ones. I asked MIL if it's supposed to be pronounced "oceans." She laughed but didn't agree or disagree. Okay you guys tell me: how do you say O'Sheehans?

O Shee Hans as in Kevin Sheehan once upon a time CEO of Norwegian Cruise Line

Edited by www3traveler
Please delete two of the postings

O Shee Hans as in Kevin Sheehan once upon a time CEO of Norwegian Cruise Line

Yay we are now close enough to Ensenada to have cell service again. It's a beautiful sunny day, although the pool is closed because the ship is rocking too much. We are scheduled in Ensenada at noon, so hopefully they open the pool then. We'll take advantage of people leaving the ship and stay onboard this afternoon. 

• Like 1

During last night's show, Scotty asked the audience to keep their hands up as he counted up, put them down when he passes the # of cruises you've been on. I put my hands down at 3. DS and DD reminded me we've been on 5. Anyway, Scotty got to 120 before resorting to asking the last two how many. In 2nd place.....112 cruises. In first place.....drum roll.... 🥁 🛢️....153!!!

We ventured out after all and explored the plaza by the port. We window shopped and MIL braved the Ferris Wheel🎡. The guys let us go around so many times I eventually had enough and asked to get down. We took pics with Mario and saw some dressed up folks in native attire. At the end we shared a coco. If you haven't purchased coconut in Mexico the guy whacks it with a big machete and gives you the water to drink. Then he takes it again and whacks it some more and gives you freshly cut coconut meat still in the shell. Usually it's served with limon y chile but we declined this time. It's one of my favorite treats.

20230415_154443~2.jpg

Line for Splash was extra long tonight. The kids are now watching Ratatouille while they wait for the phone call that there's space available. I had sent them ahead to get in line but DD played with her friends in line rather than get in line herself. Cherry Pie says there's around 600 kids this sailing, the prior week they had around 700. Capacity is capped at 8 kids per youth counselor and the average week has about 200 kids. 

We quit after three drinks last night since I was yawning and we knew today would be an early morning. It's now 9am and only self disembark has been called. There were a lot of people using this option and the elevators have been packed with people with large suitcases. Other than making sure to get to the Cafe before they started putting the coffee away we are in no such hurry this morning.