incentives to book new cruise while onboard

greener

on my february cruise there was an offer to book a  new cruise at half price cruise fare.  travel had  to be within a time frame.  have there been any offers to encourage to book a new cruise while on board lately?

7 minutes ago, greener said:

on my February cruise there was an offer to book a  new cruise at half price cruise fare.  travel had  to be within a time frame.  have there been any offers to encourage to book a new cruise while on board lately?

Are you sure it wasn't just one of the Drop 'N' Go cruises on offer?  There is rarely - if ever - (so allowing that it happens) anything on board you cannot get once home.  The thing to do is purchase FCD's ( at least one per person and I would get more if you plan to cruise Princess more) while on board as they serve as deposit on your next booking and you get OBC back, so it is good interest on your investment for giving up some money up-front.  Princess is often marketing cruise bookings stating you save 40% off, so another 10% isn't a huge offer.  I would always check if what is being offered is something available to any past Princess guest.  Other than that, of course PCL is always trying to entice guests to book again while they are having a good time on a cruise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Are you sure it wasn't just one of the Drop 'N' Go cruises on offer?  There is rarely - if ever - (so allowing that it happens) anything on board you cannot get once home.  The thing to do is purchase FCD's ( at least one per person and I would get more if you plan to cruise Princess more) while on board as they serve as deposit on your next booking and you get OBC back, so it is good interest on your investment for giving up some money up-front.  Princess is often marketing cruise bookings stating you save 40% off, so another 10% isn't a huge offer.  I would always check if what is being offered is something available to any past Princess guest.  Other than that, of course PCL is always trying to entice guests to book again while they are having a good time on a cruise.

We had that crazy offer while OB a ship in February.  That was probably a once in a lifetime event?  It was offered by the Captain, that if you would like to continue on the next cruise, which would be a b2b, you could for 50% off, whatever you paid for the current cruise.  

Those cruises were barely 50% full.  The prices had dropped significantly. The Future cruise desk was handling the bookings.  So, those who could take advantage of this deal, really made out!

Unfortunately, we were already booked on a b2b’s on the next few cruises.  

That was the first time we have ever had that happen.  But, initially after the restart many odd things have happened. 😀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, I was on the Discovery in January and there was/is an ongoing promo for those currently on a sailing for cruises sailing up to mid May. 

It is not offered to persons not currently on the sailing, so you could not book for family or others not on the current cruise.

The sale was 50% off the current fares, so substantially less as it is not just another 10% off current so called 40% off fares, which are based on ‘brochure’ rates.

I am currently on the Majestic and the only ‘offers’ are the 50% off for sailings till mid May, so nothing new, and this 50% off fare is something that does not happen often. It is the first time, I have seen,  Princess have this promo for on board bookings. Sometimes they may offer a little extra OBC in addition to what you normally get for using a FCD.

9 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

We had that crazy offer while OB a ship in February.  That was probably a once in a lifetime event?  It was offered by the Captain, that if you would like to continue on the next cruise, which would be a b2b, you could for 50% off, whatever you paid for the current cruise.  

Those cruises were barely 50% full.  The prices had dropped significantly. The Future cruise desk was handling the bookings.  So, those who could take advantage of this deal, really made out!

Unfortunately, we were already booked on a b2b’s on the next few cruises.  

That was the first time we have ever had that happen.  But, initially after the restart many odd things have happened. 😀

Yes, that was a nice exception for those who could take advantage (change flights and whatever other arrangements for not going back home).

14 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I’ve posted several times that I did a B2B2B2B2B on the Discovery. Originally I had 7 day Mexico Riviera cruise booked. My CVP told me about the 1/2 price promotion. I booked a 4 day and a 5 day cruise before my cruise so I could take advantage of the promotion before the next two cruises sold out. Also I would have enough OBC to buy the plus package on the two cruises. In other words I booked two cruises at 1/2 price and actually had a premier package and plus package paid for with OBC. Also, Princess now has 3 or 4 people working in the Future Cruise office, so now the wait is much shorter.

Edited by billco
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, billco said:

I’ve posted several times that I did a B2B2B2B2B on the Discovery. Originally I had 7 day Mexico Riviera cruise booked. My CVP told me about the 1/2 price promotion. I booked a 4 day and a 5 day cruise before my cruise so I could take advantage of the promotion before the next two cruises sold out. Also I would have enough OBC to buy the plus package on the two cruises. In other words I booked two cruises at 1/2 price and actually had a premier package and plus package paid for with OBC. Also, Princess now has 3 or 4 people working in the Future Cruise office, so now the wait is much shorter.

Seems like there have been a number of those offers when ship not full in subsequent sailings.  You caught ones before your original booking.  Sweet if it works out for folks.