Celebrity Beyond September 8th sailing… Formal nights?

dino1037

We are cruising Beyond on 8th September , our first Celebrity cruise… loyal RCCL but want to try something different.

My husband liked wear his Tuxedo on formal nights!

I have a couple of questions.Are there formal nights on Celebrity and if so when are they?

Do many people bother with formal dress?

It is the minority on RCCL just wondering if it’s the same on Celebrity?

Thanks

Yes .. on a 7 days cruise there is one dress up nite and on a longer cruise sometimes two . They call it chic nite … some people choose not to dress up regardless and some people dress to the nines.. we usually dress up that nite .. I wear something that sparkles and my husband wears a sports jacket. No big deal . 

On a 7 day cruise there will be 2 chic nights, usually day 2 and 6.  We've seen tuxedos, long gowns, kilts, kakis and polos, cocktail dresses, nice jeans and a shirt, and somewhere in between.  We don't dress up as much as we used to due to luggage weight - we are more in the cocktail dress, nice pants and shirt crowd - but it's lovely to see others wearing their full bling.  If he wants to wear  his tuxedo I say go for it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dino1037 said:

We are cruising Beyond on 8th September , our first Celebrity cruise… loyal RCCL but want to try something different.

My husband liked wear his Tuxedo on formal nights!

I have a couple of questions.Are there formal nights on Celebrity and if so when are they?

Do many people bother with formal dress?

It is the minority on RCCL just wondering if it’s the same on Celebrity?

Thanks

On Chic nights you will see every type of dress, but much more casual than the Formal nights of the past.  If he enjoys a Tuxedo, then he will look great and will not be out of place.  Enjoy!

We don’t dress to the nines on the get your fancy on nights but love it when others do. Reminds me of watching episodes of Love Boat growing up and everyone looked so elegant.  Tell your husband to pack that tux 😊