Queens Grille Menu

Joe33472

12 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

QG was mentioned i the opening post, hence my replies.

I can't help if it's PG.

I was originally in PG, but changed my reservations to QG after a lot of reading on this board, which has been amazingly helpful.  A lot of your posts, in particular, have really been helpful.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

We had no problem last sailing.

Out of 14 days our PG Headwaiter and MaitreD accomplished our special requests about at dinner 6 times.

It's your approach and develop repor with them.

I was told ages ago, there are certain items available in QG which aren't available as off menu allowables in PG.

It makes sense as the premium paid in QG  is quite considerable.

1 minute ago, Joe33472 said:

I was originally in PG, but changed my reservations to QG after a lot of reading on this board, which has been amazingly helpful.  A lot of your posts, in particular, have really been helpful.  

No probs.

Along with a few others, Big Mac for instance, I have a lot of QG experience [although not QM2] and am always happy to give tips.

Another tip - we changed the late afternoon canapes [hmmm] to sliced fresh fruit. Also, if you want to have a bit of a do with fellow guests in your cabin, ask the Butler's advice on what to have provided food wise.  It's one of the QG perks although any drinks above your cabin allowances are paid for.

Just make sure your beers, mixers and sodas  are piled up in readiness. The fresh OJ comes free too.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

I was told ages ago, there are certain items available in QG which aren't available as off menu allowables in PG.

It makes sense as the premium paid in QG  is quite considerable.

Unfortunately not being a QG type passenger, we like the level of dining btw PG and BC.

Also not really attracted to QG Menus and style of food preparations.

If ever upgraded would be a challenge to QG.

Was much better on the QE2 in the old days. Not same cuisine influence like now a days.

7 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Unfortunately not being a QG type passenger, we like the level of dining btw PG and BC.

Also not really attracted to QG Menus and style of food preparations.

If ever upgraded would be a challenge to QG.

Was much better on the QE2 in the old days. Not same cuisine influence like now a days.

For us, the dining is the lesser part of the QG product. It's a tasty part though and the show is often part of that product.

I guess we're just easily satisfied.  🙂

40 minutes ago, Joe33472 said:

One of my original post asked should we do BC or PG?  Decided on PG and thought it was a good decision.  And now we end up in a QG.  If we ever do a TA again, I think we would probably do BC, save the money and spend it in Europe.  But for this trip, we're not watching the budget too much. 

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions......

We know where you are coming from. 

We are also challenged with PG but fell in love this past sailing. But enjoyed BC several times in the past. But PG is the future bookings..

Not really QG though we were on the QE2 but in these days of cuisine, not attracted to the Menus. As DW said, If not attracted to choices, we can downgrade requests to PG style. 

QE2 QG much different with availability of these days products.

We did granted appreciate the extra space in PG but QG would be too much. We don't entertain. So PG just right.

We also don't like the closeness in QG. Tables to close as PG more spread out.

But try this and see. But if you would like QG experience but less, PG way to go. After BC which is nice, you will see PG to be the midpoint to satisfy.

This is my honest opinion.

But enjoy!

1 minute ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions......

We know where you are coming from. 

We are also challenged with PG but fell in love this past sailing. But enjoyed BC several times in the past. But PG is the future bookings..

Not really QG though we were on the QE2 but in these days of cuisine, not attracted to the Menus. As DW said, If not attracted to choices, we can downgrade requests to PG style. 

QE2 QG much different with availability of these days products.

We did granted appreciate the extra space in PG but QG would be too much. We don't entertain. So PG just right.

We also don't like the closeness in QG. Tables to close as PG more spread out.

But try this and see. But if you would like QG experience but less, PG way to go. After BC which is nice, you will see PG to be the midpoint to satisfy.

This is my honest opinion.

But enjoy!

I might be wrong, never having travelled in the Grills on QM2, but I  get the impression, QM2 is a different article from her sisters, re PG cabin size. The cabin is our priority and PG on QM2 seems more spacious then on her sisters.

9 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

For us, the dining is the lesser part of the QG product. It's a tasty part though and the show is often part of that product.

I guess we're just easily satisfied.  🙂

Being the son of a retired chef and almost candidate to the CIA, the kitchen is my playground and food products are my toys or ingredients of Art.

Funny as can be, I don't mind a table at a kitchen door.

I know many that tells me that people eat with their eyes and what they see on the plate. Happy they are.

3 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

I might be wrong, never having travelled in the Grills on QM2, but I  get the impression, QM2 is a different article from her sisters, re PG cabin size. The cabin is our priority and PG on QM2 seems more spacious then on her sisters.

Maybe size she was produced at those times compared to Visita Class now.

Saw a friends pix PG on QE....MUCH different than our PG QM2....much different..

Ours last trip cabin reminded us of a QE2 QG suite on QM2.

PG on QM2 is noted as Suite on all documents we have.

19 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Maybe size she was produced at those times compared to Visita Class now.

Saw a friends pix PG on QE....MUCH different than our PG QM2....much different..

Ours last trip cabin reminded us of a QE2 QG suite on QM2.

PG on QM2 is noted as Suite on all documents we have.

Q1 to an inside, they're all cabins to me  🙂

14 minutes ago, esrs said:

As I  recall the "always available " menu in QG has a very nice chicken.  I don't think I have a photo of what is on this list, but there is a steak as well and I  suspect a pasta?

Is it this one?

image.png.a6c30161d344103904dff3ece8c4fe76.png

The chicken sounds great.  Poached and roasted is good.  Perhaps hold the langoustine tails 😀

I could do this pasta, by my SO couldn't as she doesn't like mushrooms:

image.png

Edited by Joe33472

15 minutes ago, Joe33472 said:

Is it this one?

image.png.a6c30161d344103904dff3ece8c4fe76.png

The chicken sounds great.  Poached and roasted is good.  Perhaps hold the langoustine tails 😀

I could do this pasta, by my SO couldn't as she doesn't like mushrooms:

image.png

No, the chicken was much simpler. One of my go-tos on nights when the menu did not appeal.

7 minutes ago, esrs said:

No, the chicken was much simpler. One of my go-tos on nights when the menu did not appeal.

I'll keep a look out for a simpler chicken dish....  I think all will be good.  I think I'm definitely over thinking the food issue.   The breakfast looks amazing and I think we'll find something for lunch.  We usually don't eat a big meal at dinner, so if we just pick, we'll be fine.   

6 minutes ago, Joe33472 said:

I'll keep a look out for a simpler chicken dish....  I think all will be good.  I think I'm definitely over thinking the food issue.   The breakfast looks amazing and I think we'll find something for lunch.  We usually don't eat a big meal at dinner, so if we just pick, we'll be fine.   

Eggs Benedict is our first morning favorite...

7 hours ago, Joe33472 said:

You will be fine.

I don't recall any particular 'always available' dishes specifically mentioned on any menus but that doesn't matter because most dishes are available.

Simple/er chicken dish? Just ask. As I have already said, my simple go to is a Fillet Mignon, with a side order of salad and fries, with a peppercorn sauce on the side.

One of our table companions on a Worldie was so in need of simple food one Gala night, he per-ordered Hot Dog with all the trimmings, and fries.

The rest of us looked on enviously, and salivated. The smell was divine. 😄

So you see, the menus are a guide and not set in stone. Just ask.

36 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

You will be fine.

I don't recall any particular 'always available' dishes specifically mentioned on any menus but that doesn't matter because most dishes are available.

Simple/er chicken dish? Just ask. As I have already said, my simple go to is a Fillet Mignon, with a side order of salad and fries, with a peppercorn sauce on the side.

One of our table companions on a Worldie was so in need of simple food one Gala night, he per-ordered Hot Dog with all the trimmings, and fries.

The rest of us looked on enviously, and salivated. The smell was divine. 😄

So you see, the menus are a guide and not set in stone. Just ask.

pre, not per, just in case it gets a mention  😁

• Like 1

In April, there was a couple near us in the QG, who never seemed to eat off the menu. In fact they were rather a pain because the preparation of their choices always involved a huge amount of the Maître d’s time and stopped him overseeing the restaurant. Obviously a restaurant full of customers like that would not be tenable. However, one night, they did have a simple whole roast chicken between them, which looked lovely. Sounds just the thing for you. Needless to say, they left most of it.

7 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

In April, there was a couple near us in the QG, who never seemed to eat off the menu. In fact they were rather a pain because the preparation of their choices always involved a huge amount of the Maître d’s time and stopped him overseeing the restaurant. Obviously a restaurant full of customers like that would not be tenable. However, one night, they did have a simple whole roast chicken between them, which looked lovely. Sounds just the thing for you. Needless to say, they left most of it.

As you know, Head Waiters are also adept at table side finishing if the demand is there so I would imagine the M'd felt comfortable in giving of his time.

Senior staff will also tell you if it's not possible to have a table-side finished product that particular evening so their time must be well planned. 🙂

23 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Actually, in terms of cabin area, excluding balcony, the PG cabins on QM2, QE, and QV are approximately the same size. The arrangement is different, where the QM2 PG cabin is aligned with the long axis lined up to the direction of travel and a longer short axis, giving a more spacious feel. The other two have PG cabins that are longer and narrower, making them feel more cramped. PG balconies are definitely larger on QM2. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/11/2023 at 9:29 AM, Victoria2 said:

Joe33472 order what you like. If the ingredients are on the chip [and the chef knows the recipe ] then you can order it.,

Absolutely correct!  The great thing about the Grilles is the fact that if you give the galley 24 hours notice, they can put together anything you want.  Provided, of course, that they have the ingredients on the "chip." 😉

Years ago when I bought a copy of "The Last Dinner on the Titanic" there was an amazing recipe for Filet Mignons Lili served with Pommes Anna.  On a QM 2 crossing, I took the recipe to the maitre d' and when he returned after taking it to the chef the answer was, "We can do it!"  It was just as outstanding as when I made it.