Luggage Delivery

leisuretraveler223

What is the expected timeframe for luggage delivery? Is it expedited for Mega Rock Star Suites?  We are flying in early and will need to kill time before boarding. We usually just carry on board on cruises, but if we have to kill a couple hours, we were thinking we might just leave the luggage with the porters so we aren't lugging it around Miami.  But I hate not getting my bags until late the first day.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

17 minutes ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

What is the expected timeframe for luggage delivery? Is it expedited for Mega Rock Star Suites?  We are flying in early and will need to kill time before boarding. We usually just carry on board on cruises, but if we have to kill a couple hours, we were thinking we might just leave the luggage with the porters so we aren't lugging it around Miami.  But I hate not getting my bags until late the first day.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

It’s usually been 1-2 hours I think. By the time we’ve had some late lunch and gone back to the room to watch the safety video it had often arrived. 

34 minutes ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

We usually just carry on board on cruises

I received my bags within 30 minutes each of my past 5 cruises.  I was staying in a lowly inside solo cable so your results may vary.

Carrying luggare on board is a good option but only if your suit cases can fit throught the secruity screening machines (the same ones airports use in their TSA screening lines).  

I take one large suitcase because I bring my own pillows and I check it in before the cruise but wheel it off when I disembark the ship.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, raphael360 said:

Carrying luggare on board is a good option but only if your suit cases can fit throught the secruity screening machines (the same ones airports use in their TSA screening lines).

I used to follow that guideline. And then, I was forced to carry a set of golf clubs on board a cruise ship because the porters said they couldn't be responsible for them. Mind you they were in a cushioned travel bag that can be shipped or checked as luggage on a flight.  Once they made me drag that beast up to my room, I swore I'd never check baggage again.  If they ever give me blowback, I just tell them it contains valuables and medications and they let me right through.

Oh, and the security machines (i.e. x-ray) can handle enormous bags. They sometimes put a cover on it to only allow smaller ones, but it lifts open like a door and you could practically fit a volkswagon through there!

• Like 1

Not sure if they expedite luggage delivery for mega and rockstars. Your transport will drop you off at the entrance and that area has its own group of porters. Our bags were at our cabin when we boarded around 2pm and meet our agent.

3 hours ago, jon81uk said:

It’s usually been 1-2 hours I think. By the time we’ve had some late lunch and gone back to the room to watch the safety video it had often arrived. 

This has not been our experience.  We had a 1:30 time and were in our room by 1:45.  By the time we had dropped our carry ons and used the restroom, our luggage was at the door!  We opened the door to go to lunch, and there it was.  30 minutes is reported to be pretty typical.

They prioritize suites only in that they prioritize boarding times.  Since all suites can board at 1:30, their luggage is in the first group....provided they actually showed up at the terminal and handed it over.  

35 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

This has not been our experience.  We had a 1:30 time and were in our room by 1:45.  By the time we had dropped our carry ons and used the restroom, our luggage was at the door!  We opened the door to go to lunch, and there it was.  30 minutes is reported to be pretty typical.

They prioritize suites only in that they prioritize boarding times.  Since all suites can board at 1:30, their luggage is in the first group....provided they actually showed up at the terminal and handed it over.  

I was in a regular terrace room and it was probably closer to the hour but as we weren’t in the room when it did arrive I can’t say for certain other than it was definitely quicker than two hours. But you are probably right that’s it’s 30-60 minutes. 

• Like 1