New to Carnival

lpanjabi

This is my first cruise on Carnival, will be sailing on the Celebration on the May 7th voyage and really looking forward to it.

Just wanted to know from the more experienced Carnival cruisers if there is anything I need to know about Carnival Cruise Line or specifically the Celebration. 

Any tips, suggestions are welcome.

Thank you!

Hi and welcome to CCL, you may want to (if not already done) go to the FAQs on Carnival website to get a general idea of what to expect and what you can and cannot do.  Then perhaps do a search on these forums for newbie posts asking for information and the dozens of answers.  Then if you have any additional questions you can narrow it down to apply directly to you.  

Also, reading through the 100s of ship reviews (can choose your ship) CCL cruisers have posted here is fun and gives you a great idea how things go and manage expectations.  May be a good idea to have a look at your ships deck plan to get an idea where everything is in comparison to your cabin and the like. 

Have a blast on your cruise!

Edited by Drazil65
  • Like 2

Have a Blast!  We have sailed on Celebration, but have sailed her sister ship, Mardi Gras.  

the shows in the main atrium, which can be seen from decks 6, 7 and 8 are phenomenal. Enchanted, I believe the name was Broadway quality.

The Cucina Italian restaurant, Chi Bang (Chinese/Mexican) and Pig and Anchor all have dinner in included.  Pig and Anchor was the only one for dinner you don't sign in on the hub app, just go there and enjoy (salmon was delicious).

As the previous post stated, definitely look at deck plans to get a feel for the layout and what is where based on you interests.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lpanjabi said:

This is my first cruise on Carnival, will be sailing on the Celebration on the May 7th voyage and really looking forward to it.

Just wanted to know from the more experienced Carnival cruisers if there is anything I need to know about Carnival Cruise Line or specifically the Celebration. 

Any tips, suggestions are welcome.

Thank you!

As someone who's sailed primarily on NCL and have also done a couple of RCCL and CCL voyages, here are a few things I have liked about Carnival.

1)  More choices of places for lunch!  We are not buffet people, so Carnival has various options that are NOT the main dining room or buffet for lunch. 

2)  More of a party atmosphere than the other two.  RCCL is, to me very kids oriented, with lots of amusement park type things to do, and NCL is more laid back, CCL is a party waiting to break out at any moment, and their cruise directors are very active and engaged with the passengers.

3)  Comedy acts seem more of a thing on Carnival.  I love stand up and loved that on these cruises.  NCL used to have a partnership with Second City, but the last two cruises (post pandemic) they didn't have it.   We did two cruises last year and by the second one, I was bored and ready for something different.

4) Excursions seems to be less expensive than what I paid for on NCL.

Other than that, to me, a cruise is what you make of it.

• Like 1

At the top of the threads page, upper left, it says See Posts About, and to the right of that Select ship.  Select ship is a drop-down menu, click on your ship, and it will being up threads/posts about that ship.  EM

• Like 1

Never been on  elebration or Mardi Gras class ships.  But....

Drink packages, if thats your thing, limited to 15 drinks a day. $15 max per drink. 

Fun Ship is a thing.  Lots to do daily.  

Theater shows are good, not great.  

Rooms comparable to others. Buffet same. MDR too. 

Crew is fantastic.  

less a la carte restaurants than ncl. Thats a gap.

Dive in movies are best at sea. 

Guy burger are as delicious as advertised

I know many folks love the lido taco burrito place.  Im in the meh category.  

Onboard liquor store sends me to shore for bottles.  Very limited inventory. 

Have fun!

• Like 1