Carnival Venezia December 28th 2023 to January 6th 2024

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/14/2023 at 4:28 PM, Parkcharoli said:

Cool! We’re on this cruise too😀, family of 5 from Kingston, Ontario.

Family of 4 from Oakville, Ontario - It's been a few years since we were last on a cruise! We did Carnival over New Year's... It was awesome! - now the kiddos are much older (and probably too cool for mom and dad...) - Will be great to ring in the new year on deck together 🙂 see ya'll onboard!

P.S. Any ideas on what to do in Miami during our stop? We usually sail from there, so being there for the day is new for us.

• Like 2

We did Carnival Mardi Gras last New Year’s and it was amazing. Our oldest is in university so we can only go during Christmas break now. I’m currently trying to figure out what to do in Miami too. There doesn’t seem to be any Carnival excursions here except for debarkation to the airport. 🤷‍♀️Let me know if you find anything interesting.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Let's pop this to the top!  Hi! 👋  My friend (DeeDee) and I just booked this yesterday, looking forward to it!  I'm sure she will say Hi as well!

Continuing with excursion info/questions... I was not that impressed with the tours offered in Half Moon Cay.  Does anyone know if that port is fine to just do your own thing... or recommend any of the tours?

Anyway, cheers to some fun party peeps!

Polly

• Like 2

Hello All , wishing us all happy belated Canada Day and 4th of July. 

Who of us has already sailed out in winter from a North Eastern port  like NY. 

The latest I have sailed from a "cold weather" port was 2nd week of October in 2013. I've never sailed from the NorthEast in  the winter months,   In 2013 we were in warm waters by the next morning and the ocean was calm even on our way back.  Needless to say, I'm a little nervous. So who has been on a cruise from the Northeast in winter and how was the journey ? 

@pollydoll.. it's their private island, tenders are used to get you to the island about 15 min. Whatever you see as excusrsions is what it is, there is no town to explore. Basically, it's a beach day with a complimentary lunch but bars are paying bars and Cheers package is not valid .  

On 7/10/2023 at 1:57 PM, montrealmommy5 said:

The latest I have sailed from a "cold weather" port was 2nd week of October in 2013. I've never sailed from the NorthEast in  the winter months,   In 2013 we were in warm waters by the next morning and the ocean was calm even on our way back.  Needless to say, I'm a little nervous. So who has been on a cruise from the Northeast in winter and how was the journey ? 

We have cruised out of NYC before on NCL Breakaway a few years ago but it was during March break. We had some crappy weather going down, poured rain and choppy water the first day but great after that. I take motion sickness meds(Dramamine) and it was the first time I had to take 2 because of the choppy water, we have sailed plenty on 4 different cruise lines, so I was a little surprised. So bring meds just in case! I love going out of NYC because there’s no flying for us , so makes for a cheap vacation.

On 7/12/2023 at 10:37 AM, montrealmommy5 said:

@pollydoll.. it's their private island, tenders are used to get you to the island about 15 min. Whatever you see as excusrsions is what it is, there is no town to explore. Basically, it's a beach day with a complimentary lunch but bars are paying bars and Cheers package is not valid .  

Thank you for the info!  Bummer on the Cheers package.  Sounds like will be a nice relaxing day.  🙂

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2023 at 11:16 PM, UncleInci said:

Booked a few months ago. Going to surprise the kids at Christmas with packed bags and tickets. Family of 6 from Detroit. First time for us sailing out of NYC

This is so incredible! I wanted to do that, but I also have a really big blabbermouth and I have been too excited with planning to keep it a secret. I kept it a secret for about 15 minutes. What an awesome Christmas surprise! 

On 7/10/2023 at 1:57 PM, montrealmommy5 said:

I know this was a long time ago that you asked it but I'll share my experience! I sailed out of Baltimore on NYE in 2017 and it was quite cold. According to historic weather charts, so I can't exaggerate, it was -13 celsius when we left. The cold air creeped in through the balcony glass and the room was chilly. We couldn't watch movies on deck or sit outside or anything like that. After two chilly days at sea, we reached Port Canaveral where the temp was +5C, with storm warnings, wind warnings and marine warnings in place - our excursion was canceled and we stayed on the ship watching the palm trees bend over horizontal to the ground lol 

In Nassau we got off the ship in sweatshirts but took them off for about an hour after we walked to the zoo. It was apparently 18C. 

I only took one sweatshirt and my child knocked a cup of coffee on me on embarkation day 🤪so I have decided that this time I'm anticipating wearing jeans the entire time, and having enough sweatshirts for every day, and plenty of shawls and coverups for dinner. And maybe keep my winter coat nearby for hot tea on the balcony hahaha. I sure hope we have a warmer time than back then, though! 

Ok you guys, time to liven up the roll call a little bit! I'm so eager for this cruise, I haven't been in 6 years!!!! I can't believe how many ships Carnival has added since then, nor that I'm taking the newest one, which is so cool! 

I'm truly excited for the ropes course and the waterslides - hoping for warm enough weather to enjoy. 

Actually I'm just really pumped for everything - I love the decorations around the ship, and the special surprises for New Year's. What can I say, it's been a crappy day at work so I am enjoying my vacation dreams today :) 

we actually have three cruises planned over the next few years and the kids only know about one of them. So when they start talking about the next cruise I have to remind myself for them it’s the Alaska one and NOT this one. Almost slipped about driving versus flying over dinner last night. They so look forward to camp carnival (or whatever the heck they are calling it now). I’ll have a 14, 10, and twin 7 year olds with us.

our cruise back in February was our first since COVId. So it’s fun getting back into the swing of cruises again. 

All that said, to echo Megnolia, the wife and I are getting very excited. And she is having a blast getting stuff and squirreling it away so it stays a surprise.  

Super Excited To be on this Cruise!! First New Years Cruise. Traveling with my Family of 5 (Son 23, Daughter 22, and youngest daughter 11. 

We Love Cruising as a Family. Is everyone signed up for meet and Mingle ? Any suggestions on Excursions? 

In Miami I want to visit Versace Mansion for Lunch https://vmmiamibeach.com/

• Like 1

On 10/16/2023 at 12:22 PM, VegasFamilyof5 said:

@tristatetravelguywhat a fun way to celebrate a birthday.

As a seasoned Venezia cruiser, any tips on must do’s while on the ship?

Nothing very specific comes to mind. We didn't do a lot of the "official" activities but really liked the ship. My husband had been skeptical about larger ships (we've mostly been on the NCL Jewel class and smaller), but he ended up liking it a lot. I've been on the NCL Pearl in the interim so that may be blotting out my memory of some of the details 🙂 but we did enjoy the Venezia and we're looking forward to coming back. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/15/2023 at 12:16 PM, VegasFamilyof5 said:

Super Excited To be on this Cruise!! First New Years Cruise. Traveling with my Family of 5 (Son 23, Daughter 22, and youngest daughter 11. 

We Love Cruising as a Family. Is everyone signed up for meet and Mingle ? Any suggestions on Excursions? 

In Miami I want to visit Versace Mansion for Lunch https://vmmiamibeach.com/

How do we sign up for meet and mingle? I know I’ve done it before but I don’t remember. I thought it was someone from

the roll call who set it up… is there a separate meet and mingle thread? I would love to participate! 

• 2 weeks later...