Carnival Venezia December 28th 2023 to January 6th 2024

Another couple from Ontario joining the NYE party!!

On 7/10/2023 at 1:57 PM, montrealmommy5 said:

Hello All , wishing us all happy belated Canada Day and 4th of July. 

Who of us has already sailed out in winter from a North Eastern port  like NY. 

The latest I have sailed from a "cold weather" port was 2nd week of October in 2013. I've never sailed from the NorthEast in  the winter months,   In 2013 we were in warm waters by the next morning and the ocean was calm even on our way back.  Needless to say, I'm a little nervous. So who has been on a cruise from the Northeast in winter and how was the journey ? 

We did a NYE cruise with a similar itinerary last year, sailing from NYC.

The first and last sea days were too windy to sit outside. I found a quite spot by a window and read a book. It was a relaxing way to ease in and out of our vacation. We had great weather. It was mid-20s to 30s once we reached Florida and the Bahamas. We don’t remember the waters being choppy.

We wore a light fleece lined waterproof jacket and a few sweaters for our day in NYC. We’ve been to Florida in the winter and it was raining and cold (mid-teens).

I’m looking forward to this ship since the Libo Deck 10 has a retractable roof.

London, Ontario family of five just booked this trip!! Three girls aged 15, 13 and 11 coming with my husband and I. Looking forward to it all!! Driving down Boxing Day. For Miami we are thinking an Everglades tour, snorkeling in Nassau and beach day for the other two. Lots of layers for this trip for sure! Happy we are driving instead of flying so we can bring enough luggage for the clothes!

Sorry for that last post. I hit quote by accident and it wouldn’t let me delete it. 

anyone here on the Facebook groups for this cruise? I made an alternate account to join one (so I’m not posting my vacation plans in a public forum using my real name). They have some activities planned. 

Anyone here thinking of doing something in NYC on embarkation day? I’m torn between choosing an early embarkation time and dropping our bags then exploring a little. 

• Like 1

UPDATE: I finally coaxed it into getting me to the right page. Very slow and didn't seem to know whether I was logged in or not. 

---------------

I'm trying to go to "Manage my cruise" on the Carnival site and it's just "Waiting..." and spinning. Has anyone else had problems getting the site to work recently? 

Edited by tristatetravelguy

37 minutes ago, tristatetravelguy said:

We had "sail-away interior" and got a Terrazza Carnivale interior room -- sounds nice. Has anyone had one of these rooms before? 

Actually I might have misunderstood -- it might be a regular interior. The website pops up with a description of the Terrazza room but if I dig a bit I don't find any evidence that our room is actually in that category. 

Anyone else starting to worry a little bit? As it’s getting closer I’m crossing my fingers for good weather and good health! 

had a big snow storm yesterday and my 8km drive took 50 minutes. Plus my hubby and daughter are both sick at the moment. 

we plan to travel through buffalo on the 27th (driving) so I’ll be obsessively watching the forecast. I’m the meantime, must just breathe! 

a peaceful day to you all! 

On 11/25/2023 at 2:51 PM, Kathleen000 said:

Three girls aged 15, 13 and 11 coming with my husband and I.

That's exciting, we have 4 girls going: 14, 10, and twin 7s.  Anyone got a 12yo to complete the straight flush?  😁

In all seriousness welcome aboard!  (and our kids still don't know!!)

10 hours ago, UncleInci said:

That's exciting, we have 4 girls going: 14, 10, and twin 7s.  Anyone got a 12yo to complete the straight flush?  😁

In all seriousness welcome aboard!  (and our kids still don't know!!)

Yup! 12 year old girl coming with me 🙂 also my 8 year old boy. My daughter turns 13 the day after the cruise. Exciting days for us lol 

Edited by Megnolia

6 minutes ago, tristatetravelguy said:

Turned out I misinterpreted what I saw — the “Your stateroom” page opened to that class of cabin but we actually just got a regular interior. 

Aww too bad! The Terrazza Carnevale area sounds like it’s open to the public at night. I don’t think you’re missing much.

I hope you got a better location (mid deck, mid ship).

9 minutes ago, Lemony32 said:

Aww too bad! The Terrazza Carnevale area sounds like it’s open to the public at night. I don’t think you’re missing much.

I hope you got a better location (mid deck, mid ship).

Deck 6, forward. As long as the theater isn't too loud at night it should be ok 🙂 

• Like 1

In case anyone sees an offer on the Carnival website to purchase a thermal suite pass on the Venezia: there is no thermal suite on the Venezia. If you click on the offer it will say it's not available. If you phone them -- at least this is what happened last time -- they tell you you'll have to purchase it on board. When you ask about it on board, that's when you learn there is no thermal suite 🙂 Just a heads-up in case anyone is misled, as I was on the previous Venezia cruise. 

On 11/26/2023 at 7:30 AM, Megnolia said:

Sorry for that last post. I hit quote by accident and it wouldn’t let me delete it. 

anyone here on the Facebook groups for this cruise? I made an alternate account to join one (so I’m not posting my vacation plans in a public forum using my real name). They have some activities planned. 

Anyone here thinking of doing something in NYC on embarkation day? I’m torn between choosing an early embarkation time and dropping our bags then exploring a little. 

always something to do there

Aaaah guys, Freeport ok New Year’s Day - I have an 8:15am excursion booked lol. I was planning to spend New Year’s Day sleeping in nassau then maybe walk over to Arawak cay for a snack. 

I don’t want to cancel my excursion but that’s going to be tough to get up for hahaha. First world problems. I know! It’s just too bad for the switch. I was also thinking it would be cool to catch the tail end of Junkanoo in Nassau if we did get up.