New Cruise Contract Terms

Received an email outlining new terms in the Royal Caribbean Cruise Contact for USA passengers. New terms go into effect today, 4/12. In the section about Covid, I read this:

(4) mandatory use by each Passenger (except where medically contraindicated) of face coverings in most locations outside of the Passenger’s cabin while onboard, during embarkation, disembarkation and shore excursions; (5) mandatory social distancing of Passengers at any/all times while on board and during embarkation, disembarkation, and shore excursions

Do we really need to wear masks all the time on board now??? I postponed this cruise twice to get beyond this type of restriction. Has it returned?? 

I have no problem with the testing and would happily show my vaccine card if required. But I don't want to lay out in the sun by the pool with a mask over my face!

2 minutes ago, printingchick said:

Received an email outlining new terms in the Royal Caribbean Cruise Contact for USA passengers. New terms go into effect today, 4/12. In the section about Covid, I read this:

(4) mandatory use by each Passenger (except where medically contraindicated) of face coverings in most locations outside of the Passenger’s cabin while onboard, during embarkation, disembarkation and shore excursions; (5) mandatory social distancing of Passengers at any/all times while on board and during embarkation, disembarkation, and shore excursions

Do we really need to wear masks all the time on board now??? I postponed this cruise twice to get beyond this type of restriction. Has it returned?? 

I have no problem with the testing and would happily show my vaccine card if required. But I don't want to lay out in the sun by the pool with a mask over my face!

They can stuff their face diapers   I'm not wearing one.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, nimbex1970 said:

Someone correct me, but this only applies for Australian cruises. 

The contract language for all markets were likely updated with the COVID policy and perhaps some other minor tweaks.

On 4/12/2023 at 1:14 PM, printingchick said:

Rules about masks were removed by March 2022. Tests (unless TA) by November 2022.

On 4/12/2023 at 1:17 PM, Ravensfan1973 said:

They can stuff their face diapers   I'm not wearing one.

While nobody forces you to wear face masks anymore, I sailed since the first sailings allowed (July 2021) and don’t remember requirements for face diapers. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

So, for Americans at least, there really isn't a change?  

Not about masks definitely.

There is something about cruise cancellations after contact with a person with Covid.

• 3 weeks later...

Any UK guests that book with US TAs had any trouble since this was released?

I am strongly considering booking a cruise with a US TA, price is £900 cheaper than booking in the UK and includes $175 OBC!

Unsure if this update to the contact could get me later down the line though.

Thanks.