Need tips for new carnival beds

Eli_6

3 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

This is what Carnival now uses for a mattress topper if you ask your steward to make your bed softer. (There's usually an extra one under the bed, too.) It does very little IMO.  The "new" mattresses are awful.  I really miss the previous mattresses. I ordered an inflatable topper that I take with me now.  It definitely helps, and takes up very little space in our luggage.

Do you have a link for the inflatable topper?  TIA!

Thanks for heads up on the uncomfortable beds, I just ordered a set of inflatable mattress pads. We board the Breeze on the 29th and have a lot of cruises booked over the next couple of years so we will be prepared for the new and not improved Carnival beds. 

On 4/12/2023 at 3:07 PM, Eli_6 said:

We just got off the Breeze and the beds were terrible.  Our cabin steward informed us that we had new mattresses. He said other people had complained about them, too, and it seems like everyone liked the old mattresses better.  I have always thought that Carnival had super comfortable beds, but these new ones are awful.  I am worried now about my 12 day Europe cruise on the Pride since it will just be coming out of dry dock. I am starting to wonder if I need to travel with an egg carton or something.

The only problem is that I am trying to do carry on only. BA won't check your luggage through in Heathrow if the short leg and TA flight are not on the same ticket (mine aren't since the LHR-BCN is only one way and my TA was a rewards ticket) and I don't want to have to go through customs and security to pick up and recheck my "checked" luggage.  

Has anyone else found a way to make the bed more comfortable in a space saving (for packing) manner? 

Since you'll be on Pride before my October Pride cruise, will you be able to respond to this thread (or start a new one) about Pride's beds, etc after drydock?  TIA!

3 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Since you'll be on Pride before my October Pride cruise, will you be able to respond to this thread (or start a new one) about Pride's beds, etc after drydock?  TIA!

Sure, I will do that.  Although, if they aren't replacing all of the beds but just rotating them out as someone suggested above, I suppose it could be luck of the draw as to whether I get an old bed or a new bed. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cruising_Addict said:

Sincerely, but how does one pack for what has to be at least a 13 day vacation if it’s a 12 day cruise into just a carryon? I’m not an overpacker and I’m pretty low maintenance in that I can get away with packing only one extra pair of shoes (formal, for elegant night), but there’s no way I could do it. I wouldn’t be able to do more than a few days worth of clothes, my extra shoes and my personal items. 

That's because she is turning platinum and gets her laundry done, right?  Yay for you, Eli!

• Like 1