Solstice B2B - April 15-29 - Mex Riviera & Pac Coastal

aring75

And a copy of the Future Cruise Booking form. 

IMG_1398.thumb.jpeg.ea810fc95dbbb6037d837b2b71234d52.jpeg

IMG_1399.thumb.jpeg.981b7aa06067553a0e221c4077cbe8f5.jpeg

We will probably head to the Future Cruise office tonight or tomorrow to see if we can set up another booking or two while onboard. We will at least get a couple of FCCs if we can’t decide right now. 🤔

• Like 1

Did a tour of Alcatraz we just booked directly online for like $54 each I think. Fascinating tour, lot of cool stuff there. Gorgeous gardens believe it or not. 

We just had a late lunch at Scoma's in Fisherman's Wharf. Expensive but very good seafood. Dungeness crab cocktail appetizer. I got the grilled fish dish that had 3 different fish plus shrimp. She got a shrimp and scallop dish. Everything fantastic. Big restaurant with cool vibe and lots of views.

20230425_121025.jpg

20230425_122814.jpg

20230425_122826.jpg

20230425_122958.jpg

20230425_152744.jpg

20230425_152748.jpg

20230425_153901.jpg

20230425_160105.jpg

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, balisong187 said:

We just had a late lunch at Scoma's in Fisherman's Wharf. Expensive but very good seafood.

Mark was looking for a good seafood place for lunch tomorrow. We really enjoyed the market, but it was a more casual type place. He wants to find some good crab. Would you recommend Scoma’s?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aring75 said:

Mark was looking for a good seafood place for lunch tomorrow. We really enjoyed the market, but it was a more casual type place. He wants to find some good crab. Would you recommend Scoma’s?

Yes I would! They do have some crab dishes there, but the only crab I had there was the crab cocktail and it was good. But I can't vouch for their main crab dishes. But everything else we had was terrific so I'd be surprised if their crab entrees weren't also great.

• Thanks 1

It was a long day with a lot of walking so we opted to just grab something from the buffet for dinner. I thought the selection, while possibly smaller than before, was still quite good. Mark agreed and said he had no trouble finding a good assortment. 

He had grilled chicken, a baked potato with butter, sour cream, bacon, and scallions. He also had sautéed carrots and green beans with a full plate of assorted fruit for dessert. 

I opted for the “make your own pasta” station with bow tie pasta tossed in a creamy tomato. I added zucchini, tomato, squash, and bacon pieces. 

Everything was hot and very tasty. 

After dinner we stopped in the Ensemble Lounge for drinks and live music. 

I started with an Elderberry Fizz and Mark had a mojito. 

IMG_1400.thumb.jpeg.f550051ef934d562b03e64cd3cff33f4.jpeg

Then I changed my mind and had an aviation cocktail. 

IMG_1402.thumb.jpeg.42efdcadc9313853b14177862b7abeae.jpeg

This one was good, but the one they make at the World Class Bar is better. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blue Lagoon said:

With the paperwork in the cabin on  first day, was there an introduction to the officers, etc. - captain, staff captain, etc.?

We didn’t receive that paper (we have in the past, but not for either of these cruises). They do have the section on the tv in the stateroom. There’s a link on the main page. 

Stopped for lunch near the cruise terminal at The Crab House. I saw those sourdough bread bowls yesterday and, I admit, I gave in to temptation. 

IMG_1508.thumb.jpeg.3fcf0b2daa3dabbb704905e710d7ecd3.jpeg

It has been two days of fantastic weather in San Francisco. Couldn’t have asked for much better. 

IMG_1507.thumb.jpeg.c0bb5c8663eb573e85515a160947ae0b.jpeg

Having dinner tonight at Sushi on Five. I think we might need to do a few laps before sail away to work off some of those bread calories. 😩

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, aring75 said:

Stopped for lunch near the cruise terminal at The Crab House. I saw those sourdough bread bowls yesterday and, I admit, I gave in to temptation. 

IMG_1508.thumb.jpeg.3fcf0b2daa3dabbb704905e710d7ecd3.jpeg

It has been two days of fantastic weather in San Francisco. Couldn’t have asked for much better. 

IMG_1507.thumb.jpeg.c0bb5c8663eb573e85515a160947ae0b.jpeg

Having dinner tonight at Sushi on Five. I think we might need to do a few laps before sail away to work off some of those bread calories. 😩

Oh my God, we also had lunch there!! It was fantastic!  Also got the clam chowder with crab in a bread bowl. She's a huge fan of clam chowder and said it was among the best she's had. The garlic truffle fries appetizer was the best garlic truffle fries we've ever had. And I also got the crab fried rice. All of it was so good, and a great view. We'll definitely go back if we're ever here again.

20230426_123517.jpg

20230426_124440.jpg

20230426_124448.jpg

20230426_122923.jpg

20230426_122940.jpg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, balisong187 said:

Oh my God, we also had lunch there!! It was fantastic!  Also got the clam chowder with crab in a bread bowl.

All of that looks so good! I wanted to try those garlic-truffle fries too. Glad to hear they were as good as they sounded. If we didn’t have reservations for dinner tonight, I definitely would have eaten more. This has been a great cruise for trying out some new restaurants. 😋

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aring75 said:

All of that looks so good! I wanted to try those garlic-truffle fries too. Glad to hear they were as good as they sounded. If we didn’t have reservations for dinner tonight, I definitely would have eaten more. This has been a great cruise for trying out some new restaurants. 😋

Totally agree with that! We don't normally eat often off ship, but have not regretted any of it this cruise. I'm sure we'll eat something wandering around Santa Barbara as well.

• Like 1