Laundry return time

sunviking90

7 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Again it seems that Celebrity has maintained two day turnaround for REGULAR laundry service fleetwide. Having said that for a upper mainstream line it should be a quicker turnaround. Carnival has next day service.

So does Princess, except in some rare occasions (launch TA of Royal Princess - I heard that was the case - and the first ever Round trip Alaska from LA - which I was on) where there were lots of Elites and then it was 2  or 3 days.

• Like 1

The $48.99 "wash and fold" that I see in the celebrity website is for just a single bag, or is that unlimited during the cruise?  Last two HAL cruises I was on over past five months has unlimited for close to the same price, so I assumed that is what it would be on the Apex.  Am I wrong?

I use the Elite+ perk for laundry all the time.

I find the timing for return can vary and a lot depends on your steward. I had times when I had the laundry bag on the bed before the morning clean-up and had it back that evening. Other times I waited 2 or 3 days. The 3 day time I believe was caused by the steward not bothering to check regularly. 

I would give it at least 2 days. Also, if it is a 7 day cruise, it will be minimal demand for laundry services.

1 hour ago, brovol said:

The $48.99 "wash and fold" that I see in the celebrity website is for just a single bag, or is that unlimited during the cruise?  Last two HAL cruises I was on over past five months has unlimited for close to the same price, so I assumed that is what it would be on the Apex.  Am I wrong?

No, that price is for ONE bag of laundry. 

Your HAL pricing is a steal of it's unlimited. That's even less that cousin line Carnival charges, since they don't have an unlimited laundry package for people without status. 

Edited by kwokpot

17 hours ago, kwokpot said:

No, that price is for ONE bag of laundry. 

Your HAL pricing is a steal of it's unlimited. That's even less that cousin line Carnival charges, since they don't have an unlimited laundry package for people without status. 

Just checked, and it was $59 for unlimited laundry on HAL for our one week cruises.  I think they also have a per bag price of $30.  I agree that the HAL deal is a no brainer. And the turnover was always one day. 

I don't suppose the Apex has a self serve laundry?  My problem is that I work out every morning and I am drenched in sweat.  I hate having to pack up all that sweaty laundry from even the last couple days. 

14 minutes ago, brovol said:

Just checked, and it was $59 for unlimited laundry on HAL for our one week cruises.  I think they also have a per bag price of $30.  I agree that the HAL deal is a no brainer. And the turnover was always one day. 

I don't suppose the Apex has a self serve laundry?  My problem is that I work out every morning and I am drenched in sweat.  I hate having to pack up all that sweaty laundry from even the last couple days. 

No self serve on X; even on Carnivals newest ship class they eliminated self-serve laundry 

16 minutes ago, brovol said:

You'll have to resort to the bathroom sink and/or while your in the shower. The nice thing about the Apex bathroom sinks they're pretty large so good for rinsing out stuff. The negative is not enough places to hang wet stuff to dry.