Availability of transportation on piers in Ketchikan, Skayway & Juneau

ellenluvs2cruise

My s/o & I have some difficulty walking distance due to bad knees. Are there usually cabs or little carts to get people from where the ship docks to say the end of the pier, or visitor center.  Thanks so much for your assistance.  Going May 6.....wow so close....cannot wait !!    Thanks again 

Not at this time.  Ketchikan has a free downtown shuttle that stops at all the docks, Creek Street, the Discovery Center/Lumberjack show, the Totem Heritage museum, and the Safeway shopping mall.  Skagway has the Smart bus, which is $3 per ride or $5 all day that goes from the dock area around town and out to the gold dredge and Jewell Gardens.  Juneau has a shuttle from the AJ dock to downtown, but no other local shuttles.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 4/12/2023 at 8:26 PM, ellenluvs2cruise said:

My s/o & I have some difficulty walking distance due to bad knees. Are there usually cabs or little carts to get people from where the ship docks to say the end of the pier, or visitor center.  Thanks so much for your assistance.  Going May 6.....wow so close....cannot wait !!    Thanks again 

Hi. I hope you had a wonderful cruise.😊 Wondering what conditions you experienced in those three ports. Will be at these same ports with family members with mobility issues in September and cannot find any current information about this. Also, I'd love for you (or anyone else) to share any other experience you had in terms of shuttles, buses, tips for mobility issues. Thanks!

On 5/23/2023 at 2:14 PM, psalm104 said:

Hi. I hope you had a wonderful cruise.😊 Wondering what conditions you experienced in those three ports. Will be at these same ports with family members with mobility issues in September and cannot find any current information about this. Also, I'd love for you (or anyone else) to share any other experience you had in terms of shuttles, buses, tips for mobility issues. Thanks!

I would like to hear how this went as well. I am concerned that I may cancel excursions because with my bad knees I done know if I can walk from cruise ship to excursion bus.