Observations From One On First RCCL Cruise Since Covid

26 minutes ago, karena1 said:

We just got off Voyager and our cabin person left a hard copy of the compass every evening for us.

Not sure what else I can say here. Glad you were able to get a paper copy on Voyager. On Independence we asked both the cabin steward and guest services (on multiple days) and were told printed versions were unavailable and we should scan the QR code. 

3 hours ago, Tlbecker1 said:

They must have changed since you were on.  We were on Radiance for 3 weeks in January and received one every day.

Yeah, Firefly, who I was responding to also mentioned they got a paper copy on Radiance so it's definitely not consistent.  I just wanted to chime in with our experience.  We only asked that one day when we couldn't get it up on the app so it might have been available on other days, maybe? Three weeks sounds lovely.  She's a beautiful ship.  

15 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Not a cheerleader but I've done multiple ships even Bella cruise, on oasis and then a week later 10 day radiance. I havent yet found a ship I couldn't get the printed version. That's why people keep posting to ask stewards to leave it. There are no rcl ships that dont have it somewhere. .. my opinion.

Name a ship where it's not available... if you ask. 

Typical CC thread:

Person A:  In my experience, this thing happened to me

Person B:  Wow, just as I've been saying all along, Royal sucks!

Person C   In my experience that thing didn't happen to me

Person B:  CHEERLEADER!!!!

Edited by Husky1987
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Haven't read the entire thread so not sure if this has been mentioned, but when we were on Oasis, there is a link you can view (just need ship wifi) or scan the QR code where it will being up the "paper compass" on your phone.  Obviously it's not a print out piece of paper but I used it daily as I like the old format where you can see everything on one page.

3 hours ago, Nolefan95 said:

So how does it work when you have a 3-4 in a room if they only have once-a-day service? Does the convertible sofa just stay open as a bed all day? 

This was our experience. The top bunk was left down all day from the evening of day 1 onwards. 

Edited by winstoda

3 hours ago, winstoda said:

Not sure what else I can say here. Glad you were able to get a paper copy on Voyager. On Independence we asked both the cabin steward and guest services (on multiple days) and were told printed versions were unavailable and we should scan the QR code. 

guess it depends on the ship.  So far we have been able to get them on every ship.  On Indy next March, so guess we will find out.

2 hours ago, Cruisin'4Us said:

Hmm - paper jam, broken copier, ran out of toner/ink, gremlins, etc.

Yeah, all the above are possible reasons.  Or insufficient time or staff?  Who knows?  It wasn't a huge deal, just recounting our experience.  Everyone at GS was super nice and tried so hard to help with bringing it up on my husband’s phone but the app was all 'nope, not today!'.  Lol.  

On 4/13/2023 at 2:16 PM, winstoda said:
  • Once a day housekeeping. No evening service. Not a dealbreaker but again, no more printed compass or port information. No more fresh towels. And no turndown. Cabin service not available after 1 pm. 

To the towel issue.  We asked our steward to leave extra every morning and never had any problems.  

1 minute ago, paross4 said:

To the towel issue.  We asked our steward to leave extra every morning and never had any problems.  

Not a major problem for us either. But an observation. One that we didn't see as a positive change. 

• Like 1