Ships shuttle to Old Port Marseille, Royal Caribbean

sgmn

Hi,

Some years ago we pulled into Marseille, sorry a cargo/parking lot a few miles away on the outskirts and had to cross a busy road and catch a bus into and out of the city centre. This was back in 2014 on the Liberty.

I will be calling there again this October on the Symphony and according to their excursions, I cannot see any shuttle buses mentioned. There are several trips and the cheapest is around £33 for just 2 and a half hours and another for £54 which lasts 4 hours and is in Italian language only (in a French port from a US registered ship that is sailing from and back to Barcelona, Spain! - go figure!).

I am sure the local buses were quite frequent and only cost a few euros, so that may be your best option.

If anyone has been since and knows differently, then please advise, as I for one, would like to know too.

Mick.

Edited by Mick B
  • Thanks 1

You may get more info if you were to cross post this thread on the Royal C Forum., where ohers who used it (should there have been one) would be more likely to see it and answer.

Edited by edinburgher

• 2 weeks later...

There is a port shuttle to Joliette Metro, the stop is near the port gate, not the terminal. Last Tuesday at 11 AM, there were at least 200 people waiting. I believe the regular RTM bus line runs along the highway outside the port gate.

Marseille is one port where I use the cruise line transfer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sgmn

Did you have any success cross posting on the RC forum as suggested above?

Ship shuttles are often only advised to passengers one day or even the evening before arrival as they want you to book their shorex rather than for you to go independently.

On 4/28/2023 at 11:11 AM, edinburgher said:

sgmn

Did you have any success cross posting on the RC forum as suggested above?

Ship shuttles are often only advised to passengers one day or even the evening before arrival as they want you to book their shorex rather than for you to go independently.

I didn't post, I find the moderators tend to move port specific questions to these port pages. 

Royal Caribbean have only just commenced the 2023 season so only one or two cruises so far. 🤷