Veranda foot-rests on Eclipse?

bigAWL

We will be cruising on Eclipse in August (first Celebrity cruise), and I'm devouring all the Eclipse content I can find.  I found a 2012 video showing a Concierge cabin with foot-rests on the veranda (like in the image here).  I found another video from 2022 panning across the outside of the ship and clearly showing many cabins that have the foot-rests and many that don't.  Is there a rhyme or reason to which cabins do and which don't?  Are they just slowly being allowed to disappear through attrition?  Has anyone requested a foot-rest be added after boarding?

Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 5.16.42 PM.png

Also be advised that Eclipse is in the process of updating some of their balcony furniture.  I don't know if it applies to all cabins, but we were in a suite in March and went out at the port and came back to different furniture.  Nice looking but not as comfortable as what was there before.  Not sure if they were doing all balconies or only suite balconies.

3 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Also be advised that Eclipse is in the process of updating some of their balcony furniture.  I don't know if it applies to all cabins, but we were in a suite in March and went out at the port and came back to different furniture.  Nice looking but not as comfortable as what was there before.  Not sure if they were doing all balconies or only suite balconies.

Oops. Apologies. I was thinking of our recent Solstice cruise.

12 hours ago, bigAWL said:

Has anyone requested a foot-rest be added after boarding?

On our Eclipse cruise in September we asked our steward for footrests. What we ended up getting was two accessibility shower seats. But you know what, they did the trick.

13 hours ago, bigAWL said:

We will be cruising on Eclipse in August (first Celebrity cruise), and I'm devouring all the Eclipse content I can find.  I found a 2012 video showing a Concierge cabin with foot-rests on the veranda (like in the image here).  I found another video from 2022 panning across the outside of the ship and clearly showing many cabins that have the foot-rests and many that don't.  Is there a rhyme or reason to which cabins do and which don't?  Are they just slowly being allowed to disappear through attrition?  Has anyone requested a foot-rest be added after boarding?

Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 5.16.42 PM.png

We always offer the room steward 💲20 for 2 foot stools. Gets us off to a great start with the steward - if it fails the basket under the bed that holds the lifejackets is a good substitute.

15 hours ago, gold1953 said:

Regular veranda do not get foot rests. They come with CC class, Aqua and suites

Ah, this makes sense with what I saw.  It does appear that the ones I could see were on decks 9 and up.  Thanks!