What to wear for a mid June cruise

dreamboat43

What should I plan to wear during the daytime for a mid-June cruise, France and Italy, and a stay in Rome?  I know shoulders and knees need to be covered when visiting churches.  Are people wearing shorts on cruise excursions?  What about in the cities such as Rome?  Any advice?  

1 hour ago, dreamboat43 said:

What about in the cities such as Rome?

Cities such as Rome or Paris are going to have a varying levels of dress required, not just for religious sites, but depending on where you go. For the most part, nice shorts are going to be fine. If you want to have tea at The Ritz or dinner in a top restaurant, you're going to have to dress up a bit more. All depends on what you have planned. 

• Like 1

Clothing such as short sleeved tops with long pants for men and long or capri pants or short sleeved dresses (below the knee) for women are appropriate for religious sites and also for dinner. Shorts and short sleeved or sleeveless tops can be worn at most other places during the day. The weather in June can be very warm and humid.

Edited by PurpleTraveller
  • Like 1

I'm planning resort casual knit dresses with tennis shoes. One piece dressing is easy for packing, no wrinkles, and cool comfort. My dresses are knee length and should be fine. I'm planning to wear white Hoka trainers for all the serious walking in Barcelona and Rome, and any touring in between. Throwing in a denim jacket with crossbody purse, hat, sunglasses and I'm planning a capsule wardrobe around some basic pieces. Lots of ideas on Pinterest how to create a capsule wardrobe. 

The 5-4-3-2-1 Packing Method sounds great, I am going to start with this idea, and try to stay efficient. 

Here is a good article that gives the basics, I will use lightweight black ponte leggings instead of black jeans for June and probably wear that on the plane with a large fun scarf, definitely tennis shoes through the airports. I also pack in compression bags and I don't roll my clothing. I use the bundle method. Glad you asked this question, because I am starting to plan this as well. Nothing worse than overpacking and being burdened with loads of stuff you don't need or wear on a busy vacation. I am going to do at least 2 nice, dressy cocktail/long dresses for the ship's chic nights.

https://www.thebellevoyage.com/travel-capsule-wardrobe/

And here she does specifically a capsule wardrobe for Europe, which I just found and may use these  tips as well. 

https://www.thebellevoyage.com/europe-capsule-wardrobe/

• Like 2