Vibe or No vibe - Alaska in August

macfam5

I'd think the waterfront outside would be much better for Glacier Bay, since you're closer to the water and can roam from side to side easily. Some of the best things are the brilliant blue chunks of ice in the water, and seals/eagles/otters that you can sometimes see on the ice before the ship scares them away. Look at the annual rainfall by date too--August in Alaska is the rainiest month of the summer, and you only have 2 days when you're in port, so you're not going to want to hang out there much, especially since the 2 sea days are on the open ocean and usually with cold, high winds and some very rough seas. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, macfam5 said:

Thoughts on Vibe or No Vibe on the Bliss for Alaska sailing 3rd week of August

No Vibe ever

In August it will probably rain 1/2 the days and be cool. We sailed in August in 2019 and 2021. While the vibe was fully booked on these cruises, very few ever went other than embarkation day. 

I was on the Bliss in Alaska last August, third week, and had a Vibe pass.

It was too cold and windy to use, I was there twice and left after a bit. There was no one else there.

I would not get a Vibe pass for Alaska again.

YMMV. 

Safe travels.....

We're Vibe fans for warm weather cruises.  We consider it a "must have".

For Alaska, we see no need.  People will be spread out around the upper decks, the Observation Lounge, the Waterfront (deck 8 ), and interior spaces. You should have no problem finding a comfortable spot that works for you.   

Trying to decide if I want to splurge for an early July as well.  Definitely know I'll get use out of it on embarkation day, and probably the first sea day, but after that...I'm not sure.

I used it during my trip to Bermuda out of NYC earlier this month, I guess, so as long as the weather isn't *worse* than the cold weather around NYC, I think it'll work?

6 hours ago, macewank said:

Trying to decide if I want to splurge for an early July as well.  Definitely know I'll get use out of it on embarkation day, and probably the first sea day, but after that...I'm not sure.

I used it during my trip to Bermuda out of NYC earlier this month, I guess, so as long as the weather isn't *worse* than the cold weather around NYC, I think it'll work?

As I have said before, I would not waste the money.  Use that money for an excursion or do some early Christmas shopping.

Posting to remember to add how Vibe was on Bliss in April. I purchased the pass mainly to avoid crowds and to sit out in the cold. Will report back on how many layers was needed for it to be enjoyable or even open. 

Listen to the advice that everyone here has given. NO Vibe in Alaska! It would be a terrible waste of money. I have been to Alaska 3 times. Once in May and twice in August, and never would it have been warm enough to enjoy Vibe.
And there is no need for it. People are spread out all over the boat so you do not have to worry about crowds. Finally, you really do want to be closer to the water to see the glaciers and the mammals in the sea.

As mentioned put the money into the thermal spa instead.

4 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

This was the Vibe on the Bliss during a pre-pandemic cruise to Alaska in June. It was very windy (along with rain), so they had all of the furniture secured. BTW: The Vibe passes were sold out on this cruise. 

image.png.105b4106be4be0037cd6af0953ab837a.png

image.png.991a28e2fafe29c8692f245dbf530351.png

image.png.c80411495aee86f0139d5744a6ed42d5.png

Thanks bird

When we were on the Bliss in December there were padded seats, and a hot tub and bar outside of vibe. If I were you, I wouldn’t buy the vibe pass because you probably won’t be able to use it every day, but if there is a warm day, go up and see if they still have the padded seats and hot tub outside a vibe.

• 4 months later...
On 4/18/2023 at 11:09 PM, Lush LaRue said:

Posting to remember to add how Vibe was on Bliss in April. I purchased the pass mainly to avoid crowds and to sit out in the cold. Will report back on how many layers was needed for it to be enjoyable or even open. 

Did you end up buying the passes?  If so, how was the experience and how much were the passes?