Has anyone here done the Izumi Hibachi Experience Lunch?

Is it a actual Hitachi lunch or is it the 3 course izumi meal. It says you can order a poke bowl and then it also says here is a sample menu with higher prices. 

This is on Allure if it makes a difference  ... I usually book other things but lately been venturing to try pay venues. I do love poke but doubt its fresh like it says, bet its from frozen. I lived in hawaii 10 years and love fresh poke. Had it as a appetizer once I think Giovanni or Jamie's and it was definitely from frozen. Havent had it on rcl since that time.

I wouldnt mind the Hitachi experience. Its offered 3 days, picked day 3 and booked but can cancel. I was thinking of the tequila thing for another choice, it's a b2b. Looking for  little variety. 

20230415_105140957.jpeg

20230415_105509919.jpeg

Is the Hitachi lunch new or I just never noticed it before.

One oddity I wasnt charged 18% gratuity on this but I also booked izumi for a dinner and was charged 18%. Both were shown as $28.99. Only the izumi dinner charged me the 18%. Not the Hitachi lunch. So I'd still owe a tip. 

If i booked either on day 1 or day 2 i wonder if i could do a diamond plus bogo?

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

If i booked either on day 1 or day 2 i wonder if i could do a diamond plus bogo?

The BOGO price is based on onboard pricing, not the discounted price in the Cruise Planner.

What you are seeing in the Cruise Planner is the Izumi Hibachi experience..the teppenyaki meal, same as you would get for dinner.  Don't know what to say about the missing gratuities..chalk it up to good old Royal IT.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AshleyDillo said:

The BOGO price is based on onboard pricing, not the discounted price in the Cruise Planner.

What you are seeing in the Cruise Planner is the Izumi Hibachi experience..the teppenyaki meal, same as you would get for dinner.  Don't know what to say about the missing gratuities..chalk it up to good old Royal IT.  

It's only $6 different onboard, so I'd be ok paying $6 more if they would give me a 2nd time of either izumi or hitachi. I get bored with their food so a change is nice. 

19 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

It's only $6 different onboard, so I'd be ok paying $6 more if they would give me a 2nd time of either izumi or hitachi. I get bored with their food so a change is nice. 

The last D+ letter I had excluded Izumi Hibachi from the BOGO, but it may differ from ship to ship. I was on Wonder.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

The last D+ letter I had excluded Izumi Hibachi from the BOGO, but it may differ from ship to ship. I was on Wonder.

Hmmm you know I had that on grandeur. Not since. You are right, I've seen it excluded.

Well I also booked a izumi for dinner and can try with that too. 2nd week of b2b. No biggie if they say no. I am not a huge meat person. I get a little tired of steak. Never finish my entree at dinner. Just not a big meat eater but I love sushi.