I think I probably got misinformation when calling NCL.

ontheweb

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Why does it matter??? Tour operators will not schedule you on an excursion that you can't make. 

If NCL is giving out incorrect information about a port they use, I would think that should matter.

Also, one has to make it to their private tour. I would assume that NCL does what other cruise lines do in giving priority in tenders to their own excursions.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Isafjordur, Greenland is NOT Isafjordur, Iceland.

You don't say. I was talking about the port in Iceland, which is the subject of this thread. 

The Star did two trips to Greenland from Iceland last year, rather than the more usual Iceland to Norway trips. 

Edited by Huntingdon1701

7 hours ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

You don't say. I was talking about the port in Iceland, which is the subject of this thread. 

The Star did two trips to Greenland from Iceland last year, rather than the more usual Iceland to Norway trips. 

Not quite … we were on one that didn’t go to Greenland due to big bad storm brewing in the sea between Iceland and Greenland 😩. We went to Norway instead. The Star went to Greenland once, on the following cruise after ours. 

2 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Not quite … we were on one that didn’t go to Greenland due to big bad storm brewing in the sea between Iceland and Greenland 😩. We went to Norway instead. The Star went to Greenland once, on the following cruise after ours. 

Yes, I was on that second one, and we were all very nervous after hearing of your experience. We ended up missing two ports but still very pleased I made it there. Worth giving it another go, if you can. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

Yes, I was on that second one, and we were all very nervous after hearing of your experience. We ended up missing two ports but still very pleased I made it there. Worth giving it another go, if you can. 

Greenland is still on our bucket list! And there are now more and more NCL cruises that go to Greenland in the coming years ... we have Spirit Alaska and Viva TA cruises this year already, but still looking for 2024 & 2025 cruises.

On our cruise before yours there was a couple (fun loving retired) who upon hearing that Greenland was a no go, decided to book the following cruise as b2b while on the ship!

• Like 1