Using OBC to pay for excursions on May 30 cruise

mdktravel

1 hour ago, mdktravel said:

As of yesterday, I am able to book my excursions for this cruise. However, there does not seem to be an option to use OBC to pay for the excursions. I know that this was previously an option when booking excursions. 

You can easily book on board and use OBC and avoid new website glitches.

Fellow passengers on your cruise are likely in the same position and shore excursions desk will be waiting to assist you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grandma Cruising said:

What happens if you book an excursion on line? Does the cost come up as an amount owing? From what I remember of the previous system it automatically took the charge from any OBC you had, but my memory may be faulty. 

I have been trying to book an excursion online, but I have not been able to apply the OBC.  It takes you to a payment screen, but only allows you to put in credit card information.  Thanks!

14 minutes ago, Normansmom said:

I have been trying to book an excursion online, but I have not been able to apply the OBC.  It takes you to a payment screen, but only allows you to put in credit card information.  Thanks!

That’s a nuisance. I guess they know it needs work, but is less of a priority than sorting out people’s wrong cruise booking information.

Got off journey a few weeks ago, I had booked several excursions using my credit card, and then shifted them to onboard credit when I was on the ship. Very easily done nothing to worry about. The credit Card issued credit appeared on my ship account as refundable, But in the end used most of it on other things.

• Like 4

Can I just clarify LeonGe…..did you initially precruise book your excursions with your personal credit card and then when onboard got them to refund the monies to your personal credit card and deduct it from your OBC instead? If so then this is an ideal solution! Would be a bit worried about using my own credit card without this assurance as I don’t want to be left with lots of OBC! 

many thanks

Wished mine was that easy.  I understand not wanting to wait until you are onboard.  I had canceled  tours prior to our cruise but somehow they “uncanceled” them.  Onboard, they messed up and showed it as non refundable when it should have been a credit on my CC.  I have an upcoming cruise that I have a very large OBC. While I was on my last cruise, they tried to find the OBC so I could book shore excursions for the summer cruise.   After my experience, I am not willing to put all that money on my credit card and hope it gets sorted out.  Right now they do not show my OBC and my travel agent tried calling Azamara and was on hold 8 hours and then disconnected.  The experience is great when you get onboard but we also learned that onboard they don’t have all the information either.  

20 hours ago, fraj1 said:

Can I just clarify LeonGe…..did you initially precruise book your excursions with your personal credit card and then when onboard got them to refund the monies to your personal credit card and deduct it from your OBC instead? If so then this is an ideal solution! Would be a bit worried about using my own credit card without this assurance as I don’t want to be left with lots of OBC! 

many thanks

It was a rather complicated situation. I had booked several tours on board a previous sailing, some of which used my OBC, and some that were charged to the credit card. Gradually over the course of months, many of the tours were canceled, rearranged, etc. and I was left with one tour that was charged to my credit card, and some of the remaining OBC that have been refunded from the other canceled tours.

I spoke with Shore Excursions once I was on board, and asked that the tour which was charged to my credit card be changed over to be charged to the OBC.

The refund did appear on my television screen, but it was not non-refundable credit. In fact, I used it for the crew welfare fund for which you can ONLY use refundable credit. If I hadn’t used the credit, it would’ve been rebated to my credit card at the end of the cruise.

Edited by Leo_On_Geo

We had various onboard credits that appeared on our reservation until yesterday, when I tried to book some excursions.  Now the OBCs have disappeared from our reservation.  Has this happened to anyone else?

I filled out the contact us form and will hopefully hear from someone about fixing this some day...