Celebrity or Princess

Guest Cruisenewbie20181

1 hour ago, Cruisenewbie20181 said:

Thank you for everyone for all your advice and opinions. Just thought I would let you know I chose Princess. I booked the Caribbean Princess 5 night cruise out of FT Lauderdale 10/31. Chose the Princess plus package. I chose Princess because we wanted to try a d other cruise line and I was intrigued by the videos of  the Caribbean Princess I viewed online. This will be the largest ship we have been on. The price and number of nights was right for us. Also booked Celebrity Reflection for a 7 night in May 2024. 

Thanks again!

Then you made the right decision. As long as it works for you, that's all that matters. Enjoy. 🍻

Edited by davekathy

3 hours ago, Cruisenewbie20181 said:

Thank you for everyone for all your advice and opinions. Just thought I would let you know I chose Princess. I booked the Caribbean Princess 5 night cruise out of FT Lauderdale 10/31. Chose the Princess plus package. I chose Princess because we wanted to try a d other cruise line and I was intrigued by the videos of  the Caribbean Princess I viewed online. This will be the largest ship we have been on. The price and number of nights was right for us. Also booked Celebrity Reflection for a 7 night in May 2024. 

Thanks again!

I sailed on the Caribbean Princess during Thanksgiving 2019 and had a great time. I just had the Princess Plus package on my most recent Princess cruise (Sky Princess) a few months back. Loved it. You'll have a great time.

On 4/16/2023 at 10:00 AM, Cruisenewbie20181 said:

My wife and I are 67 we have only been on 3 cruises a RCL 2003, NCL 2018, and Celebrity 2022. We are now in a position to cruise more often. On a cruise we like being at the pool enjoying adult beverages, participating in the various activities on the ship, like to gamble, and take in the shows. As far as dining we run the gamut from buffet to specialty dining. I would appreciate your opinions on the following.

Should we stick with one cruise line to establish loyalty or just choose based on what interests us at the time?

Is it worth saving a couple hundred dollars and choosing a gaurantee? When do you find out what room you’ve been assigned? Can you bid on an upgrade?

We are deciding between Celebrity Equinox and Caribbean Princess for our next cruise in October 2023 embarking out of Fort Lauderdale. We live in Port Charlotte Fl. Based on the time of year I’m guessing that fellow passengers will trend on the older age group like us. Yes or No?

Equinox or Caribbean for food, ambiance, service, cleanliness? Also what is Princesses smoking policy? We are non- smokers. Not begrudging smokers as they pay the same cruise fare as us. But as part of our decision making process we will choose between cruise lines based on which is better for non smokers. Read about Princesses policy but it seemed rather convoluted. Anyone with firsthand knowledge?

Lastly compare Equinox with Celebrity Constellation. We found the Constellation lacking in vibrancy, decor, and color. 

Thank you. I appreciate your time and replies.

We like Celebrity and have tried other lines but find the things that we love are Not the same on other mid priced lines.

Tried Princess twice. Not happy with our first experience so we tried again on a newer ship. While the MDT food was similar the Buffet on Princess was not anywhere as good as Celebrities.

My favorite place on Celebrity M and S class ships is the Sky Lounge that was missing on both Princess ships.

As someone with an engineering background I always look at how ships are designed and built. As Princess is a Carnival brand it reflects Carnivals penny pinching design philosophy of still using old fashioned Shafts and propellers instead of Azapodd for propulsion.

that causes vibration throughout the ship especially in the back under the MDR. Even the waiters joked about the jumping silverware and rattling metal decoration partitions.

the self service laundry was a plus but our Elite + CC level gets us 2 bags of laundry on X.