Still trying to decide

27 minutes ago, Island Beachdog said:

I haven't seen any prices for something like a rum and coke.  Are they also $14?

That varies by ship and perhaps even bar. Some of the simpler drinks, like rum and coke, can be as low as $10. The rough math whether the package makes sense financially depends on your drinking pattern - if you know for sure you will drink more than 5 alcoholic drinks each day, get the package.

33 minutes ago, Island Beachdog said:

I am still trying to decide on the beverage package. I know the typical prices for the fruity mixed drink options, however, I haven't seen any prices for something like a rum and coke.  Are they also $14?

The rum alone is listed at 10-13 depending on the brand. Example, Bacardi is 10.99.   Not sure if they then charge more if you add a mixer.   But assume a solid 12-14 if you are trying to do the math.  They will add tip for every drink if you don’t have a package.  

• Like 1

12-14 dollars, then an 18% tip.  If you get the package you still pay the 18% on it.  need to drink 5 to 6 to make it worth it daily, and it has to be ordered daily.  So if your trip is port intensive and you won't be on the ship unitl 5pm, please consider that.  Our southern caribbean cruises usually have 6 ports, so we don't order the package for that type of sailing.  Hope that helps.