Specialty Dining - Wine First Night?

Long time lurker, first time poster!

Does anyone know if all specialty dining offers the free bottle of wine the first night? I know the Steakhouse does, but I've booked Rudi's Seagrill on the Celebration for the first night and was hoping I could get the deal there!

• Like 2

I asked this question a couple weeks ago and was told that yes, at Rudi’s as well, you receive a free bottle of wine the first and second nights of the cruise. So having done the steakhouse on several ships we are looking forward to Rudi’s our first night on board. Looked over the menu and glad to see different appetizers and desserts. 

• Like 1

Please make sure you "inquire" about it if you do book.  It is our experience that the venues are not always "offering" it to you as they should.  The last few sailings in the steakhouse it was never brought to our attention we were entitled to the special offer.  We don't drink wine so didn't care and didn't bring it up, but also saw it happening all around us too.  Others may have enjoyed taking advantage if they had known.  I think they are playing the don't ask don't tell game. Saves them a few bucks 😉

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

We will be on Vista.  Does JiJis or Cucino de Capitano offer the half off wine on the first night?  Any luck getting more than one bottle half off and taking it to the cabin unopened?

You can purchase more than 1 bottle, but they must be opened in the restaurant.  Unfinished can be taken back to cabin.

Not sure if the wine promo is offered anywhere besides the steakhouse on Vista. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

We will be on Vista.  Does JiJis or Cucino de Capitano offer the half off wine on the first night?  Any luck getting more than one bottle half off and taking it to the cabin unopened?

I have heard some people purchase more than one bottle and take to cabin unopened, depending on your server. But only in Steakhouse. Always worth an ask!

We’ve done the steakhouse on the first night many of times and have gotten the free bottle of wine. However, if you go with another couple, that’s within your party, they will only give that table one bottle of wine, which really don’t make any sense the other couple paid their way we had nothing to do with them other than they came with us, but there will be but one bottle to a table. Perhaps, if you complain, maybe they will give the other couple their bottle of wine!