Daikoku pier to Yokohama

yorkshirephil

My understanding (from 2019, so perhaps it has changed) is that there is a Cunard shuttle but it is for in-transit passengers on port days, not for those that are embarking or disembarking. 

The shuttle went to the Nihon-Odori station, at the Oshanbashi cruise terminal.

When we joined QE in Yokohama in 2019 for the voyage across to Alaska, we took the train from Shinjuku in Tokyo to Yokohama station, and a taxi to QE at Daikoku. 

37 minutes ago, sfred said:

My understanding (from 2019, so perhaps it has changed) is that there is a Cunard shuttle but it is for in-transit passengers on port days, not for those that are embarking or disembarking. 

The shuttle went to the Nihon-Odori station, at the Oshanbashi cruise terminal.

When we joined QE in Yokohama in 2019 for the voyage across to Alaska, we took the train from Shinjuku in Tokyo to Yokohama station, and a taxi to QE at Daikoku. 

Thanks, that should work for us as we are doing back to back cruises and wanted to spend a day in Yokohama and it looks a fair way from the pier.

I wasn't sure if our question is about boarding, I looked back at records from my 2019 cruise and this is what I found.

For Passengers of MS Queen Elizabeth
•    Complimentary Shuttle Service to Daikoku Pier Cruise Terminal
•    Meeting Point:1F Lobby at Yokohama Information Cultural Center
Access information:
•    From JR: Kannai Station south gate ‐ 10 min on foot
•    From Subway: Kannai Station No.1 gate ‐ 10 min on foot
•    From Minatomirai Line Nihon‐Odori Station No.3 gate ‐ 0 min (direct access)
•    Shuttle service starts from 11:15 am. Please avoid arriving too early.

This was text copied from a Japanese PDF I found at the time, but I don't have the original.  It is for 2019, so might not be accurate for 2023, but this was where they boarded us all on the coaches with our luggage.

If it for going ashore during the cruise, while I was trying to find that PDF online when I did some Google searches Icame across this file.  It is dated for 2023 so is current:

https://www.cunard.jp/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/横浜港大黒ふ頭シャトルバスとドライブ&クルーズについて.pdf

If you save it as an image and run through Google Translate you get a reasonably good translation, which says the shuttle runs to and from Yamashita Park.

I have attached the output that Google produces.  Hope this is of help.  Have a great cruise!

横浜港大黒ふ頭シャトルバスとドライブ&クルーズについて.jpg

• Thanks 1