Cabo overnight on the Eclipse

CruisinLJ

2 hours ago, CruisinLJ said:

This year, I am looking at the 6 day cruise with the overnight in Cabo.  Can anyone tell me the details on that?  How does it work?  Can the evening be spent in Cabo.  

I am not sure what kind of details you want, but you most definitely can book a hotel for the overnight in Cabo San Lucas.  

We attempted to do exactly that when Solstice was anchored at Cairns, Australia in Jan 2018.  I asked Guest Relations what was required from us and the answer was nothing except they appreciate being notified that you intend to be ashore for the entire evening.  The Captain decided to stop all outbound tenders at 6:30 pm because of high winds and so we ended up being "stuck" aboard Solstice and were unable to make it to our hotel.  For that particular port, tenders were not scheduled to run for the entire evening--I believe for safety reasons.  The last outbound tender was supposed to be 9pm and the last return tender was scheduled for 10:30pm.

Our upcoming Solstice cruise in December will be overnighting in Bangkok and we have a city hotel booked for the night.

Edited by mahdnc

We did it in December on Solstice and loved it.   Basically it's a Tender Port and the run the tenders 24 hours but after about 11 on a limited basis according to need.   You can come and go as you please after tendering begins on day one and must be back of course for the posted last tender on day 2.

Best analogy is you are in a hotel and can come and go as you please.

I have a live post but be warned it got out of hand and could take weeks to read.

53 minutes ago, keylimecake said:

Thanks for the info.  We are looking at this cruise for December.  Is it typically 'choppy' at that time of year?

We have taken cruises from San Diego to Mexico in December several times.  It has been choppy the last night returning to San Diego every time.  It has been smooth for the rest of the cruise each time.

• Like 1