NCL to Bermuda in April 2023 - e-muster or in-person muster drill

DeeBean

Sailing the Norwegian Pearl to Bermuda on 4/21/23 and just read that Norwegian announced a month ago that they'll be returning to e-musters beginning 4/1, but that the change may not occur immediately on all ships. When I checked in 3 weeks ago, I had to watch a very short 2 minute video and received an email today to re-watch the safety video, but again, it was only 2 minutes. I thought the e-muster video was longer (first time cruiser here). Can anyone who cruised to Bermuda over the past few weeks comment on whether they are still doing in-person muster drills or if they've returned to e-musters. Thank you.

28 minutes ago, DeeBean said:

Sailing the Norwegian Pearl to Bermuda on 4/21/23 and just read that Norwegian announced a month ago that they'll be returning to e-musters beginning 4/1, but that the change may not occur immediately on all ships. When I checked in 3 weeks ago, I had to watch a very short 2 minute video and received an email today to re-watch the safety video, but again, it was only 2 minutes. I thought the e-muster video was longer (first time cruiser here). Can anyone who cruised to Bermuda over the past few weeks comment on whether they are still doing in-person muster drills or if they've returned to e-musters. Thank you.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

NCL has gone back to e-muster. We sailed last week (not on the Pearl) and had to affirm that we watched the video, swipe our card, and were on our way.... but it remarkable how many people couldn't be bothered despite repeated pleas from the bridge. 

40 minutes ago, DeeBean said:

We are on this same cruise. Watched the video multiple times all five of us 😊. Did get an email to do so though. Understand we just go to our muster station and have our cards scanned to show we know where to go.

Extended families just off the Prima returning from Bermuda this past Sunday, e-Muster & Youtube video pre-embarkation, just had to report to assigned muster station to swipe card, no traditional assembly with huge crowds, etc. 

Ditto, same for friends just disembarked this morning on Sun's TA, e-Muster as well, not just for Bermuda-bound NCL ships.  

20 minutes ago, DeeBean said:

Thanks, everyone. Appreciate the responses. 

Just noticed your new to this forum. Check out the roll call for this trip. Also if new to Bermuda the Bermuda board is a great source of information. If new to Boston port east coast departure board bas a lot of answers.

Enjoy these boards and as with all reviews remember not all positive reviews are posted but unhappy folks do like to share.

1 hour ago, latebloomer56 said:

Just noticed your new to this forum. Check out the roll call for this trip. Also if new to Bermuda the Bermuda board is a great source of information. If new to Boston port east coast departure board bas a lot of answers.

Enjoy these boards and as with all reviews remember not all positive reviews are posted but unhappy folks do like to share.

Fantastic. Thanks so much! Have a great time. Fingers crossed the forecast improves

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

NCL has gone back to e-muster. We sailed last week (not on the Pearl) and had to affirm that we watched the video, swipe our card, and were on our way.... but it remarkable how many people couldn't be bothered despite repeated pleas from the bridge

What NCL could/should be doing is not to activate the cards upon check-in for bars, restaurants, etc until those people showed up at their assigned muster station and had their cards swiped.

• Like 2