Today's Price vs. Original Price - Princess Website Changes

startedwithamouse

I went back to take a look.  I checked the Grand 14 day.  I checked the Sapphire 14 day.  Similar results.  Very few good selections left.  Even checked the Majestic...for fun...not a ship for me.

It helped pass my day.  Thanks for the information.  Not for me this year.

2 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Looks like Princess is trying to fill those cabins showing and highlighting the deep discounts.

Screenshot 2023-04-18 2.14.10 PM.png

Except these do not seem like real discounts at all.  The cruise I am shows for the "today" price, the same price it was listing yesterday, and only 50 dollars less that what had been selling for unchanged since I booked in November.  For my particular voyage, they doubled the "was" price, and kept the "today" price the same.

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I went back to take a look.  I checked the Grand 14 day.  I checked the Sapphire 14 day.  Similar results.  Very few good selections left.  Even checked the Majestic...for fun...not a ship for me.

Those combination (back to back) Alaska cruises have very little cabin inventory allocated for the 14 day booking option and many rooms are sold as guarantees from the get go. The lions share (90%+) of cabin inventory is allocated for the 7day segments as they are really geared towards customers booking cruise tours. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Lots of fill the ships. We always wait for these last minute fares to book. Interesting Princess has put the original fares online also. Showing a bargain.

Except that I looked just now at our two upcoming cruises. One has an increase of US $250 from our purchase price with no discount offer. The other is other shows a "today" price, which had been inflated a couple hundred, but shows a ""discount" to a few dollars more than we paid for the same cabin class.

This is new twist on Princess' same old game. Juggle the numbers. Some will buy into it.

Gotta say though, that 14 day Alaska at $53/day/pp is an awesome deal!

Edited by mtnesterz